cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sudden tracking problem, all games unplayable, loosing hope

Powerus
Protege
I used to play with my 2 sensors in USB2.0 but I wanted more precision for onward for example.
So I bought and installed the recommended card and plugged the sata power and all. It even has its own SATA cable in its own socked on my power supply.

Since that moment. Everything is f****d up. When my touch are completely still (even on table) they move. 
Sync is even completely lost sometimes like if the sensor disconnected, happens on both.

Even the headset tracking is completely lost. On racing simulators imagine being completely still and having your virtual head moving around in space, even slightly: vomit.

What is the problem? I don't want to go back to USB2.0 because I paid the damned thing.

My config:
Windows 10
intel 7700k
gtx 1080
16GB ram
SSD

Fresco logic driver version: 3.6.9.0

Should I uninstall my other USB drivers like intel 3.0? Is it possible that the card is using the wrong drivers?

EDIT:
I tried:
Changing affinity of ovrserver to cores 6 and 7 like some people said.
I tried resetting my position and height and sensors position.
Deleted the drivers. I'm now on Microsoft version 10.0.14393.0 drivers and same problem. Unplayable in every game.
Terrible worthless tracking of the touch controllers and not accurate head tracking.

I made a video of it in Onward but it's the same even in oculus home, my touchs are moving even when still on a table.
In onward they are attached to a VR stock so they are even more still.
When you see my gun moving in every direction and even away from me, remember that i'm not moving at all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQiDw3U0prE&feature=youtu.be

EDIT2:
OK just plugged everything in USB2.0 just like I was playing for months before buying the Inateck card.
It's worse! Everything like in the video but worse. My hands are teleporting everywhere in home and my head is jumping too and moving around.
It's not working anymore  ='(
Maybe something else like an update happened exactly when I installed the card but I wouldn't know.
Please help! That's horrible I can't play anymore.  ='(

EDIT3:
I give up. I've tried everything. Even splitting my 2 sensors and the rift on 3 different usb hosts.
The best result is rift+1 sensor on the inateck and 1 sensor on front USB2.0

The result is a lot less spectacular than my first video but still unplayable.
I guess I'll have to leave the rift and go play other games. I won't have time to investigate more this week.

Just so you know I also tried to play in complete darkness even with the tv off.
And I replaced the battery of each touch just to be sure.

That's a shame to leave it on the shelf considering how well it was working just a few days ago. Look this shitty video of me enjoying the same game with same hardware and same place just one week ago...
Maybe something in my rift or sensors just fried?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUTPklcIk0c
33 REPLIES 33

Anonymous
Not applicable
I use the Innatek card with the 3.6.9 drivers,  two sensors and HMD usb plugged into it with no issue on my rig.
Weird that this would all happen when you moved to the Innatek card.

Have you tried re-running the complete Oculus setup?

Powerus
Protege
Yes I've done that. And I started to notice small desync when I started using the Inateck card but it wasn't that bad. For example the last video where I play Onward was on Inateck card and as you can see I was still able to play. And everything was plugged into the inateck.

I had the problem you can see in the first video 2 or 3 times, during maximum 2 seconds each and in 3 hours of gameplay. This was edited out because it was in boring parts.
If you look in my channel there is a video in robo recall and it was before the Inateck card. It was working really well. Now it's unplayable.

cybereality
Grand Champion
Sorry if I missed it in the OP, have you already updated the drivers of the add-on card? If not, can you? If you have already, can you try removing the driver and using Microsoft default?
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

Powerus
Protege
Like I said in the first post. When the problems started to appear I was on the latest Inateck drivers 3.6.9.0
And like I said later in the edits, reverting back to Microsoft official drivers was in the first things I tried.

But it proved something: Exactly the same problem with both drivers.
I'll have to go because I work at 5 tomorrow and won't be able to wake up lol.

But I'll be here after work. I hope that I gave enough details to find the solution.

Powerus
Protege
No answer in a whole day? Should I try to sell my oculus then?

I tried a few more things during the last 3 hours. Like covering everything that could reflect something.
Reducing space between sensors to the point where it was half the room I had before. 
Reverting everything back to where I started.

Nothing changed, still hands floating around and head jumping. If that can help: head jumping around, hands floating.

I unplugged everything and put in my storage room. Forget about it for a few weeks. Be sure that nobody that I know from close or far is going to buy any oculus product in the next decade. Shame.

GATOxVoS
Heroic Explorer
Random chance: Have you tried turning off all monitoring software that polls your hardware constantly, like MSI afterburner in that first video?
PC Specs:
Intel i7-6700k @ 4.5 Ghz
Gigabyte Z170X-Gaming 3 Motherboard
RTX 2080 Ti - MSI VENTUS
16 GB CAS-10 RAM @ 2400 MHz
Startech 4-port/4-USB controller add-on card
850W Corsair HX850 PSU
4-Sensor, Roomscale Setup

cybereality
Grand Champion
Sorry for the delay. Please submit a support ticket.
https://support.oculus.com/
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

Powerus
Protege
Terrible day of work today. Had to fix a 17+ hours failure of a big fucking machine. Glad to come home to.... oh wait do more maintenance.
Let me some minutes and I'll try to uninstall msi afterburner. I'm 100% certain that I was using it since the beginning because it has been running since my PC was built. I like to keep my temps low and use it mostly for custom fan profile.

Powerus
Protege
OK it did not fix it. 
I experienced left hand drifting away as soon as I turned on the controllers. 
Interesting because I used to have right or both but it's the first time with only left.

I'm in relation with the support staff and I used the log tool like they told me.
I get many MANY 
[Kernel:Error] Image did not pass the sanity test!  Throwing it away (camera possibly in a bad state)

One every 2 seconds or even more. I can't imagine this being normal. I'm waiting for their answer.