New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

i feel riped by oculus 2 programs dont work

ddropskiddropski Posts: 14
NerveGear
i have purchased the oculus touch with the purpose to create some art i only bought the touch because it came with medium and quill neither one works 

oculus support i need help gettin these to run 

mediun immediately crashes with the error Oculus Medium has crashed 

quill blinks a black screen for a few seconds then it closes 

ii have a pretty good pc (6850k 64 gb ram and gtx 1080 )

if i cannot get these to run i will be requesting a refund

thank 

Comments

• ddropskiddropski Posts: 14
    NerveGear
    edited April 2017
    THANK YOU TO ANYONE THAT CAN HELP ME :)
  • Techy111Techy111 Posts: 6,577 Volunteer Moderator
    YOU NEED TO CONTACT SUPPORT !!! WHY ARE WE SHOUTING ?
    A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

NerveGear
    i though this was support? it says support in the categories

• Protocol7Protocol7 Posts: 317
    Trinity
    this is just a user forum
  • elbofforelboffor Posts: 2,572 Valuable Player
    Its a support section of the forums, users may help people out but itd be better if you contact support via a ticket for this issue
    This is my forum signature.
    There are many others like it, but this is mine.
  • BadDanMEBadDanME Posts: 62
    Hiro Protagonist
    This is support from the community. The official support has to be contacted via https://support.oculus.com/
    NerveGear
    i was hopping someone from the community could give support.... im confused if no one here wants to help me then why even have it as an option ... it trying community support first and then tech support second ... but i was assuming they frequently watch this forum..so i could just get the help here  in stead of waiting a week for them to reply .. 
  • Techy111Techy111 Posts: 6,577 Volunteer Moderator
    We do help users but when it gets technical then support might be the only option. Did you see your error logs ? They might help someone on here help you. Do you have anti virus program running ?
    A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

• BadDanMEBadDanME Posts: 62
    Hiro Protagonist
    Maybe someone knows an answer  or has some tipps for you. Just wanted to tell you, that theres a difference between the support-forum and the support from oculus itself. 
    Since your opening is just a few minutes old, there will be a good chance, someone has a few things to try for your case. ;)
  • vannagirlvannagirl Posts: 2,005 Valuable Player
    ddropski said:
    i have purchased the oculus touch with the purpose to create some art i only bought the touch because it came with medium and quill neither one works 

oculus support i need help gettin these to run 

mediun immediately crashes with the error Oculus Medium has crashed 

quill blinks a black screen for a few seconds then it closes 

ii have a pretty good pc (6850k 64 gb ram and gtx 1080 )

if i cannot get these to run i will be requesting a refund

thank 
    i would suggest first posting logs up

https://forums.oculus.com/community/discussion/33792/how-to-get-logs-for-bug-reports-for-consumer-rift-1-3#latest

then full spec and what driver you are on with 1080 etc is helpful, do you have anti virus / firewall if so what

someone will be able to help you just need some patience is all

Look, man. I only need to know one thing: where they are. 
  • MradrMradr Posts: 3,549 Valuable Player
    edited April 2017
    I see that you are posting many post about the same issues - please pick a thread and stick with it. Looks like vannagirl is trying to help you get started in terms of figuring out the problem. Please note - if it was a software issue more people would be having the problem, so we need to look at your computer environment first to figure out the issue.

Looking at your past threads - it doesn't look like this is the first time you also ran into an issues with other software- this makes me believe you have something going very wrong with in your system environment.
  • cyberealitycybereality Posts: 26,156 Oculus Staff
    @ddropski I sent you a PM with some suggestions.
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
  • nickladdnickladd Posts: 11 Oculus Start Member
    Hi, I had a similar problem. The reason it didn't work for me was because my Oculus was plugged into my graphics card but my computer monitor was plugged into the integrated graphics card. I had to buy an adaptor cable so that I could plug them both into my graphics card and now the software works perfectly.
  • Hiro_Protag0nistHiro_Protag0nist Posts: 4,821 Valuable Player
    ddropski said:
    i though this was support? it says support in the categories

So did you get it working?  What was the cause?
  • thor1234thor1234 Posts: 13
    NerveGear
    Oculus needs Phone Support !!