P3nT's sketchbook - Page 8 — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

P3nT's sketchbook

Comments

• P3nT4gR4mP3nT4gR4m Posts: 1,681 Valuable Player
    Start of something new. Tracing over the ref plane like Steve Lord was doing on the livestream t'other night. 

• KevinLongtimeKevinLongtime Posts: 283
    Nexus 6
    You've vastly improved since I used to post a lot when Medium first came out!
    @KevinLongtime thanks mate, had a lot of practice. What you been up to? 
  • chuckleonechuckleone Posts: 166 Poster of the Week
    Freddy came out great! Looking forward to see how the Giger piece comes out. He is one of my biggest influences so I can't wait...
    TBH mate it might be a while. Finding it hard to get the motivation to do all the fiddly bits. Past the face it's not even symmetrical. I'll need to be in the right mood to tackle it. In the meantime I'm working on some pieces for a full environment in UE4. Very giger-esque.

Funny story. I decided to use a front and side elevation of a lion and fix them at right angles across the symmetry plane to see how easy it was to replicate the kind of effect you'd get doing the same thing with a front and side orthographic view in a render package. Only thing is I had the symmetry plane mirroring the wrong way. Decided to just run with it. Wasn't a completely failed experiment, tho, I'm pretty confident it'd work if the symmetry was the right way round. 

So yeah, here's my take on a lion  :D

Damn, being away for a week feels like a lifetime. Think maybe I just wanna live in VR

The old woman who used to live in our toilet and watch me poop

Shooting for Elvira but it's looking more like f'kin Yoko Ono at the moment. Bit more work required :D

So I found an amazing quality elvira shot tonight, real professional quality makeup and lighting plus mega hi res and another that had the wink I was shooting for but with the mouth less open and I wasny really happy with the way that whole bit was looking anyway so I looped off the lower mandible and started again. 

Is daunting hacking away that much of something I've spent ages arsing around with trying to get right but it was fixed in 5 mins and better than before (albeit still needing a ton of refinement) 

All in I think it's getting better. It's a losing game, tho, copying photos. I remember it from photoshop days. I'm resigned to constant defeat, never quite hitting the mark but taking pleasure out of every little step closer I make.

I recorded the session and stuck it on youtube. Realtime for a change

edited May 2017
    Reckon the nose is too short. On the plus side I reckon I'm about done with the eyes and the mouth is starting to look like someone who isn't having a stroke  :D

Calling this done

Landscapes for a change. 

Been mucking about with trigger sensitivity on the last couple of sculpts. Takes a bit of perseverance but it's really starting to grow on me. 

Holy crap, I just found out if I wake up stupid early I can grab a quick 40 mins sculpt time before I go to work!

Trying to tighten up my facial anatomy (as usual) shooting for a bit more realism (unusual)

• FrozenPeaFrozenPea Posts: 2,535 Valuable Player
    P3nT4gR4m said:
    Holy crap, I just found out if I wake up stupid early I can grab a quick 40 mins sculpt time before I go to work!
    Now that's dedication! If I did that I'd totally just fall asleep in VR  :p
    Trigger control - my new best friend!

• MonstaahMonstaah Posts: 143
    Art3mis
    Makes a big difference does it P3nt?..  Got any idea what the feather option does?
    PC Specs:

Black Box, with wires & some kind of electronicy stuff inside..
    oooh it even has lights!! =)
    @Monstaah - feather is what I'm talking about. Can be set to trigger where the size of the stamp is determined by trigger pressure or Taper, where the size will taper out at the end of the stroke, the speed being determined by the "Feather Speed" slider. 

The trigger pressure is a bastard of a thing to get to grips with, mostly on account of the goddawful spring weighting on the touch controllers but it gets easier with practice. Well worth the effort for my money.

Some random stuff from the last couple of days (The lizard and gollum are refinements of old stuff) I like the way the moire effect (or whatever it is) is giving me a specular map on the legs that looks like scales a bit. 

Skull study by way of anatomy practice which I noticed needed tightening up when I was working on Gollum