cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Obduction graphics..

assettomio
Adventurer
I just bought Obduction on steam, where it had a rating of 9 out of 10... However since I wasn't sure about the graphics (there were some differing reviews) I bought it on steam because that has a refund option.
Tbh, it looks like absolute crap, it looks just plain horrible, even when the graphics settings are set to high, which just makes everything blurry instead..
When looking at something like robo recall it cannot even begin to compare, it's like shooting a video with either a 4k camera, or a potatoe.
Or is it just me? Is there some setting that has to be changed?
9 REPLIES 9

Pablito
Heroic Explorer
You are either lying, or your computer is $HIT... is it a Mac?

assettomio
Adventurer
No its i5 6500, 16gb ddr4 with gtx 1060 6gb

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
Yes there were lots of complaints about the graphics when this game first came out. A bit of tweaking with the settings and the Oculus Debug tool for Pixel Density increase (to at least 1.3 or 1.4 minimum), make a world of difference.

I found the Obduction universe to be rather beautiful.

Especially when you get inside the alternate dimension and stand out in the middle of the cosmos. Quality experience!

assettomio
Adventurer

Zenbane said:

Yes there were lots of complaints about the graphics when this game first came out. A bit of tweaking with the settings and the Oculus Debug tool for Pixel Density increase (to at least 1.3 or 1.4 minimum), make a world of difference.

I found the Obduction universe to be rather beautiful.

Especially when you get inside the alternate dimension and stand out in the middle of the cosmos. Quality experience!

Ahhh thanks man, i figured there mustve been something, I'll try it out man thanks

CrashFu
Consultant
Important rule of thumb for playing any VR game for the first time:

Almost all VR games default to their LOWEST graphics settings.  Never judge a VR game's graphics until after you've gone into the settings and tweaked them to whatever your hardware can really handle.
It's hard being the voice of reason when you're surrounded by unreasonable people.

Syndroid
Heroic Explorer
You need to disable AntiAliasing.That's what makes the image blurry.
Additionally you should increase the render resolution to something like 130%-150%. You don't need the debug tool for this since there is an option for that in the game. 😉

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

Syndroid said:

You need to disable AntiAliasing.That's what makes the image blurry.
Additionally you should increase the render resolution to something like 130%-150%. You don't need the debug tool for this since there is an option for that in the game. 😉

I beat this soon after it first hit Oculus Home and I couldn't remember exactly what I did to get those graphics all sexy-like. But your post reminded me! 🙂

RedRizla
Honored Visionary

When looking at something like robo recall it cannot even begin to compare, it's like shooting a video with either a 4k camera, or a potatoe.

Can you give me a link on how to use a potatoe for video recordings? some times when I'm down at the allotmants it will come in handy to show of my prize vegetables.

assettomio
Adventurer
@lovethis sure here