cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IL2 to get VR support?

Techy111
MVP
MVP
I heard through the grapevine that IL2 will be getting VR support on the next patch? Anyone heard this news or have a link to the news ?
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

141 REPLIES 141

JohnnyDioxin
Expert Trustee

Techy111 said:

My group back in the day was EAF 🙂 Si  !!!!

My group was my Dad and myself, hunched around a keyboard called a Spectrum 48. playing Tomahawk!! B)

Bloody hell - I was already in the army, then! Anyway, when we got really hi-tech we had a Kempston stick for control and what a massive difference that made!

https://youtu.be/k6NhKnL2Llw

sorry OT 🙂

PS - oh, we had the original cassette (I still have it!) not a pirate version...

i5 9600k @4.5GHz; 16GB DDR4 3200; 6xSSD; RTX2080ti; Gigabyte Z390D Mobo
Rift CV1; Index; Quest; Quest 2

Anonymous
Not applicable
This one ( IL-2 Battle of Stalingrad) is simply amazing and gorgeous in VR! 1CGS did an incredible job with their first implementation of VR in this sim. On my rig I can run it at Ultra graphics settings with a Pixel Density of 1.8 and still get very smooth performance.

I would highly recommend it to any flight sim fan! I am having a blast with it.

JohnnyDioxin
Expert Trustee
It's a shame I can't get the A-20 as a seperate plane to use in BoS - that would interest me. Similarly, whilst tempted by the P-40, I would only get it if I can use it in A/G missions.

Is there a popular place where user made missions or campaigns are available? I see the only official add-on campaign is flying for the Luftwaffe and as a patriotic British combat pilot I don't fly for any fascist filth! 😛

Anonymous
Not applicable

Brixmis said:

It's a shame I can't get the A-20 as a seperate plane to use in BoS - that would interest me. Similarly, whilst tempted by the P-40, I would only get it if I can use it in A/G missions.

Is there a popular place where user made missions or campaigns are available? I see the only official add-on campaign is flying for the Luftwaffe and as a patriotic British combat pilot I don't fly for any fascist filth! 😛

Yep the official forums has some great user made campaigns and missions for SP.
https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/forum/92-mission-making-and-mission-editor/

Also the stock campaign you can certainly fly for either side. I am currently flying for the Allies in my Yak-1 and having a blast in that campaign.

They are in the process of creating a new campaign system , based on a career mode style of play. It is going to be truly incredible. Due for release later this year with the Battle of Kuban release.

JohnnyDioxin
Expert Trustee
Sounds good!

I hope the Kuban price comes down, though - really can't justify $80 when I already have so many flight sims and haven't flown any of them enough (well I have thousands of hours in FSX/P3D, but certainly not flown my various combat flight sims enough).

Funnily enuff, I had since found that source 🙂 Wish I could log in using my main website profile, though.

EDIT: Ah, okay, I got in via the main site. I tried to enter my details directly on the forum log-in earlier and got fobbed off. Now I have entered from the main site and gone to the forum, all is ok 🙂

Someone drag me off my keyboard! I just bought the P-40 and La-5 as well..... :s

Techy111
MVP
MVP
The main reason I don't visit just yet. I'd buy everything!!! Already pre-ordered BoK 😉
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

Anonymous
Not applicable
C'mon go for it guys, the devs need our support and now that they have brought us VR it is well worth it!

I have purchased everything they have to offer now to show my thanks.

MowTin
Expert Trustee
This game is seriously hardcore. I'm learning about fuel mixtures, propeller pitch and manifold pressure. Check out dive bombing in this game. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-PMFUgOUvY
i7 9700k 3090 rtx   CV1, Rift-S, Index, G2

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
Switching the HUD off is essential for good FPS in this game. HUD on = 45 FPS. HUD off = 89 FPS. What other setting do you use to make VR look better? I have the settings to Ultra with HDR on etc. Is there any other setting that make a massive improvement to FPS? 

I'm also starting to wonder if the Normandy Map for DCS can look as good as BOS now. Also, ROF needs to add VR because that would be so fricken awesome in VR. If not it will die a death because I can't play that after seeing BOS now.

Techy111
MVP
MVP
It's great to see my fav genre getting more and more VR support. Don't think I'll be bored again with all these flight sims to choose from 🙂 now if we could get Apache Gunship game of old in VR then I think I'd be in Nirvana!!! Remember?

81279b2n14bv.jpg