cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Robo Recall Crashing and now won't even load

rbodden89
Sightseer

So I was having problems with Robo Recall crashing whenever I tried to load missions 1.2 or 2.1. I tried contacting Epic games since it was giving me an Unreal Engine error, who ultimately told me to create a ticket with Oculus Support. After following some steps from Oculus Support the game won't load at all now. Does anyone have any ideas or insight? I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling both the Oculus Launcher and Robo Recall. Deleting all Oculus folders. Updating my drivers. Nothing works. If anything the problem is getting worse. 
49 REPLIES 49

cybereality
Grand Champion
Can you please reach out to us and submit a support ticket:
https://support.oculus.com/
If we receive enough information we can contact the developer. Thanks.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

DeePee0
Honored Guest
Can confirm. All I did was find the saved games folder and I deleted one called OdinSettings.sav. Worked just fine after that.

Marou_1st
Honored Guest
Thanks guys! I had exactly the same problem and deleting the saved games folder solved it.

tr0yster
Honored Guest
I have the same issue as everyone else here, since the last update it doesn't load anymore, sits there and I have to kill it from task manager.  I really don't want to delete my save files, I'd much prefer they just fix it.

BlackAesopVRcad
Honored Guest
I had the same problem... Took Darkraizer's advice and deleted the Robo Recall folder in appdata and it now launches... Sad I had to loose my saves... I hop Epic resolves this soon... Starting all over isn't that bad as I don't mind going through it again but but having to delete folders or re install windows is not acceptable.. 

HomerNarr
Explorer
Same Problem here! Start Robo Recall, nothing happens. Oculus asks to check the Application. The RR Window is open, but the Software does not respond. Your only way to stop the app is using the task manager.
Another Idea:
Maybe a Problem with the nvidia drivers? There where updated 4/6/2017?

EDIT as BlackAesopVRcade1 and Darkraizer wrote: Delete your saves from the AppDate Directory in you users Directory and RoboRecall should start again. After that i could restart it and continue on the place where i left. Lucky me i was just 12% in the game, so no Harm done!
c:\Users\$USERNAME$\AppData\Local\RoboRecall\

amerrin
Honored Guest
I too suffered from Robo Recall opening to a black screen and being unresponsive.  Always had to force close it and it wouldn't play.

The solution is to delete OdinSettings.sav inside of C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\RoboRecall

Only delete OdinSettings and you will get to keep your game saves and also it will run perfectly again.

cybereality
Grand Champion
Thanks for posting the solution.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

gianpi17
Honored Guest
Hi everyone also a me the game crashes and I'm trying to solve, eliminating OdinSettings.sav but i can not find it anywhere, someone can help me please

cybereality
Grand Champion
You have to enable seeing hidden files and folders in Windows folder settings.