cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How To Get Logs For Bug Reports for Consumer Rift (1.3+)

cybereality
Grand Champion
If you are experiencing issues either installing or using the consumer Rift hardware or software package (1.3 or newer), then please be sure to provide the following logs when reporting the issue.

If your issue is with the setup installer, either having errors or not completing, do these steps.

Open a File Explorer window and paste this in the URL field:
%LOCALAPPDATA%\Oculus\
Then look for "OculusSetup.log" and upload it to your post. Please do *not* just copy/paste the text into the post area, as this becomes difficult to read. This folder may be hidden. Make sure you go into the Folder Options and choose Show Hidden Files and Folders first.

If you are having any other sort of problem after the installation, do the following.

Run "OculusLogGatherer.exe" by double-clicking the icon after navigating to this folder:
C:\Program Files\Oculus\Support\oculus-diagnostics
and upload the zip file to your post.

Thanks.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
202 REPLIES 202

Bruno_BGP
Explorer
Getting mad with this oculus rift man, for real. I shouldn't have bought it. Spend money for nothing.

SergMatrix
Protege
Juyst bought new consumer Oculus Rift  CV1. i can install headset but can't install sensor . i tried EVERYTHING . How to install sensor ? (it only listed in devIce manager as  CV1 without drivers)

cybereality
Grand Champion
I'm not sure, but it may be best to submit a support ticket. Thanks.
https://support.oculus.com/
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

paesan
Expert Protege
Rift has been running perfect since purchase May 2106, since 1.3 update I am getting USB connects/disconnects. USB keyboard and mouse also stop working. I have 3 sensors and the rift all connected to the MB. Never had an issue with this setup until the new 1.3 update. Thanks.
Intel i7 7700k | Asus ROG Strix Z270E | G Skill Ripjaws 32GB 3200 | Asus GTX1080-O8G
EVGA Supernova 850 G2 | Samsung 960 Pro M.2 500GB | Swiftech H240 X2 | WD Black 5TB | WD Black 4TB
Toshiba 1TB | Corsair Graphite 760T | Windows 10 64 bit | Rift CV1 + Touch | StarTech 4 port PCI Express USB 3 - 5Gbps

SkipChurch
Sightseer
Same setup and issues as paesan above. I'm getting USB connects/disconnects as well. USB keyboard and mouse freeze and force a reboot. Also with 3 sensors and everything connected to the mobo. However, I'm a new user and have had no past experience.

I've also posted an issue I'm having with installing some games.

maloto
Explorer
Touch controllers are vibrating in short bursts and I cannot use them to select items on Home however they are tracking. The tracked hands are visible and change appropriately when I press the touch buttons but the hands are blinking in and out.

mescad
Honored Guest
<fixed issue>

DelKrypt
Sightseer
can someone pleeeease help me here https://forums.oculus.com/community/discussion/51986/the-problems-that-no-one-can-solve#latest

cedcedc
Honored Guest

cedcedc
Honored Guest
Oculus logs file ...