cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Arizona sunshine or robo recall?

Paddy234
Protege
On Steam Arizona sunshine is $48 NZ and on oculus store robo recall is $42 NZ. Which game do people on here prefer for story, gameplay and replayability. I also like a degree of freedom to explore the world if possible 
28 REPLIES 28

JohnnyDioxin
Expert Trustee
Buy Robo Recall, then get Arizona Sunshine from Steam in the summer sale (or before if they have it on sale) - I bought mine on Steam during the last sale.

i5 9600k @4.5GHz; 16GB DDR4 3200; 6xSSD; RTX2080ti; Gigabyte Z390D Mobo
Rift CV1; Index; Quest; Quest 2

Expediter
Expert Protege
Arizona sunshine was better imo. But I would rather you purchase Onward for 25$ and have a better game then those 2 put together.

do t be like me and say " I don't like multiplayer games" or " I don't like military games" because you will regret it. It's an amazing game and most people who play it for first time always give it a good review. 

DarkTenka
Trustee
Story - Arizona Sunshine
Replayability - Robo Recall

Game Play - Depends

Robo Recall - higher impact, more frantic gameplay with lots of swinging your arms around. - Doesn't support free-locomotion by default (needs a mod to work and you cant actually use it to progress in the game). Though as much as I absolutely abhore teleport, this has been the only game so far where I could still enjoy myself while using teleport, they really refined the teleport mechanic in this one so it's not actually too clunky.

Arizona Sunshine - More slow, methodic gameplay with cool world interaction such as searching through desks/drawers for ammo/food. Official free-locomotion support (and highly recommended if you can stomach it).

I honestly don't know which one I would pick if given your position. Suffice to say I think you should eventually get both either way.

edmg
Trustee
Personally, I prefer Arizona Sunshine as a game, but Robo Recall looks better and is great for a quick arcade-style shoot-em-up. So it's really a tossup.

What I would say is that the mines in Arizona Sunshine scare the heck out of me, so if you don't like horror VR games that might push you the other way.

ParadiseDecay
Rising Star
Imagine you are in the film 'I-Robot' with Will Smith, that's Robo Recall.
Now imagine you're in the series 'The Walking Dead', that's Arizona Sunshine.

Both games should be in your library if you want my opinion.
☆ YouTube 'Content Creator' and 'Steam Curator' ( https://www.youtube.com/user/ParadiseDecay ) ☆ Devs! I'm always on the look out for new and interesting VR experiences! ☆ Oculus Rift CV1 ☆ Windows 10, 64 bit ☆ Intel Core i7-3770 ☆ 16.0GB Ram ☆ GeForce GTX 1060

Paddy234
Protege

lovethis said:

How much are used Rifts with touch controllers going for?

i got mine which was barely used for $750

DarkTenka
Trustee

Paddy234 said:

lovethis said:

Thats a pretty good deal. How long ago did the original owner purchase it?

Paddy234
Protege

KillCard said:

Paddy234 said:

lovethis said:

Not sure but it stated that it was barely used and after recieving it i seen that it was in perfect condition so i'm very happy with it. I'm blown away by how immersive VR is, it's the obvious next step for gaming so i look forward for for some AAA games like Fallout 4 and hopefully resident evil 7 soon enough. Also thats $750 NZ so just over $500 US 

DarkTenka
Trustee

Paddy234 said:

KillCard said:

Paddy234 said:

lovethis said:

Not sure but it stated that it was barely used and after recieving it i seen that it was in perfect condition so i'm very happy with it. I'm blown away by how immersive VR is, it's the obvious next step for gaming so i look forward for for some AAA games like Fallout 4 and hopefully resident evil 7 soon enough. Also thats $750 NZ so just over $500 US 

Right I actually keep forgetting that the price recently came down lol. You payed less than what I originally paid for just the HMD back in March 2016 though. Seems fair enough.

zboson
Superstar
For me the choice is clear. Arizona Sunshine is one of my favorite VR games. Play it with free movement. I did not enjoy Robo Recall. It's teleport system is one the best so far. It is still awful.