cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Arizona sunshine or robo recall?

Paddy234
Protege
On Steam Arizona sunshine is $48 NZ and on oculus store robo recall is $42 NZ. Which game do people on here prefer for story, gameplay and replayability. I also like a degree of freedom to explore the world if possible 
28 REPLIES 28

zboson
Superstar

edmg said:

Personally, I prefer Arizona Sunshine as a game, but Robo Recall looks better and is great for a quick arcade-style shoot-em-up. So it's really a tossup.

What I would say is that the mines in Arizona Sunshine scare the heck out of me, so if you don't like horror VR games that might push you the other way.

Strangely I did not get too spooked with the mines in Arizona Sunshine. But It was fun and tolerably scary (I did rip the HMD off once in fright). Dreadhalls still terrifies me though.

Paddy234
Protege
Well i went with Robo recall to start with and i'll see how that goes, i'm trying to install the full locomotion mod but when i download it and double click on the robo file it says how do you want to open this file??........ Just forget this comment i got it sorted though full locomotion definitely brings on some motion sickness lol

Anonymous
Not applicable
I prefer Arizona Sunshine more. Cannot say that it is my favourite VR game but better than Robo Recall. But it is my personal view...

MowTin
Expert Trustee
I usually prefer free locomotion but not with RoboRecall. The teleport system works really well in that game. 

But it's a really tough call between the two. I assume you'll eventually buy both. If I could only have one it would be Robo Recall because of it's replayability and it's a great game to demo the system to someone. Arizona Sunshine is the better overall game. I prefer free locomotion with Arizona Sunshine. 
i7 9700k 3090 rtx   CV1, Rift-S, Index, G2

DarkTenka
Trustee

MowTin said:

I usually prefer free locomotion but not with RoboRecall. The teleport system works really well in that game. 

But it's a really tough call between the two. I assume you'll eventually buy both. If I could only have one it would be Robo Recall because of it's replayability and it's a great game to demo the system to someone. Arizona Sunshine is the better overall game. I prefer free locomotion with Arizona Sunshine. 

I feel the same way. I wil lalways default to free-locomotion, and don't get me wrong .. the Robo Recall locomotion mod is great and all, but the game is really fine tuned and balanced for the teleport mechanic. Playing with Free Locomotion in Robo Recall makes the game waay too easy and it doesnt even contribute to anything while playing (can't level up/gain upgrades and since the game is score-based no leaderboards for mods).

The free loco mod for Robo Recall is a fun time, but thats pretty much all it amounts to. I would love to see it refined to make the game more difficult or Epic come out with official Free Loco support, complete with game balance/Leaderboards.

JammerVR1963
Honored Guest
I have the Rift.  Had it about a week now and absolutely love it and most of the games I bought for it.  Robot Recall was a freebee with the Touch Controllers.  I personally think it's a totally awesome VR experience.  I have to disagree with most people here though.  I did end up buying a copy of Arizona sunshine because I thought it would be a fun Mulitiplayer game.  Of course, at first I played it in single player mode so I could get the hang of it.  I was dissapointed from the first pixel.  I couldn't get over how a game as new as it had such dated graphics.  Robot Recall is much better visually than Arizona is.  If I didn't know better, I would have thought that Arizona was at least 2-3 years old.  It just doesn't have the "wow factor" that games like Recall, or Dead and Buried have.  Hell, the graphics that are in the tutorial for the Rift is much better than Arizona.  I couldn't recommend this game to anyone.  Infact, I asked Oculus for a refund and they told me it was their policy not to issue refunds.  I made a point of telling them how great Steam is at giving refunds and if I can find the same game I want on Steam, I will buy it there before I give Oculus another dime.  It's a shame because I really like the Rift and I thought if I brought games through their library, I would help support further game development.   So anyways, to answer your original question... Robot Recall over Arizona Sunshine

MowTin
Expert Trustee

I have the Rift.  Had it about a week now and absolutely love it and most of the games I bought for it.  Robot Recall was a freebee with the Touch Controllers.  I personally think it's a totally awesome VR experience.  I have to disagree with most people here though.  I did end up buying a copy of Arizona sunshine because I thought it would be a fun Mulitiplayer game.  Of course, at first I played it in single player mode so I could get the hang of it.  I was dissapointed from the first pixel.  I couldn't get over how a game as new as it had such dated graphics.  Robot Recall is much better visually than Arizona is.  If I didn't know better, I would have thought that Arizona was at least 2-3 years old.  It just doesn't have the "wow factor" that games like Recall, or Dead and Buried have.  Hell, the graphics that are in the tutorial for the Rift is much better than Arizona.  I couldn't recommend this game to anyone.  Infact, I asked Oculus for a refund and they told me it was their policy not to issue refunds.  I made a point of telling them how great Steam is at giving refunds and if I can find the same game I want on Steam, I will buy it there before I give Oculus another dime.  It's a shame because I really like the Rift and I thought if I brought games through their library, I would help support further game development.   So anyways, to answer your original question... Robot Recall over Arizona Sunshine

Did you try to adjust the graphics in the settings? 

The graphics aren't great but the gameplay in  Arizona Sunshine is awesome. 
i7 9700k 3090 rtx   CV1, Rift-S, Index, G2

Jonfl1
Protege
Robo Recall is FAR superior in my opinion. The textures, models, environments, EVERYTHING is all AAA-grade and highly polished.Just finished playing through all the levels, and still looking forward on playing more and trying to max out points and complete upgrades for the weapons. Definitely on my current Rift must-have list that includes Bridge Crew, Gorn, and Elite Dangerous!

Gwiz84
Heroic Explorer
Robo Recall is about 500 times more fun than arizone sunshine.