cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Post Your First Medium Sculpts!

Anonymous
Not applicable
I will get this going! 

Just went through the tutorial, the UI is sooo easy to use, picked it up right away. I do have experience with 3D in Maya but still!

Here is my first sculpt, took me about an hour to do 🙂 

s4bcf0vpu9h3.jpg
772 REPLIES 772

DocHuckleberry
Explorer
still not easy trying to set up a scene with a character and a a6py40c4hfhh.pngbackground for the "photo", any pointers?

Anonymous
Not applicable
@NickOh73 that's insane! One of the best sculpts I've seen!

@DocHuckleberry Have you tried @P3nT4gR4m 3 point light method? https://forums.oculus.com/community/discussion/49040/how-to-3-point-lighting-straight-out-of-medium

Anonymous
Not applicable
n0xg8c72az0l.png3g1w03kkbs15.png
ok, next one.... a little bit less random than the dragon. maybe shes going to ride it...

cybereality
Grand Champion
Say what!?!? That's amazing.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

Anonymous
Not applicable
update...is there a way to merge different scuplts? Or at least some way that allows higher resolutions than stamps?x4ohouun4o7g.png wlp11d0db1hi.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

snowdog said:

@FrozenPea I'm just wondering where these photos are being saved..? I took a picture of my first effort and can't find the image to upload it to an image hosting site!  😮

Edit: No worries, I've just found it. For anyone else wondering it's saved in your Windows Documents folder!  😄

Here's my first effort, just spent a few minutes messing around with the swirl tool, I'll do something proper later on:

1swzwo1qzbh8.jpg

I like colour combination! :smiley: I am addicted to colours.

P3nT4gR4m
Consultant
@NickOh73 bloody hell, mate, you're really going for it aint you? My first sculpt was a red blob with painted on eyes  😄

Anonymous
Not applicable

P3nT4gR4m said:

@NickOh73 bloody hell, mate, you're really going for it aint you? My first sculpt was a red blob with painted on eyes  😄

Thanks mate, it is so funny, I've tried z brush and 3dcoat before, but I never came so far. I've always felt there is too much distance between me, the tools and the model. So I gave up an hour after opening those apps. I really believe that VR for creating 3D content is THE killer. 3D coat and others definitely should consider to build a VR verion of their software.

P3nT4gR4m
Consultant

NickOh73 said:

P3nT4gR4m said:

Thanks mate, it is so funny, I've tried z brush and 3dcoat before, but I never came so far. I've always felt there is too much distance between me, the tools and the model. So I gave up an hour after opening those apps. I really believe that VR for creating 3D content is THE killer. 3D coat and others definitely should consider to build a VR verion of their software.

I hear ya there. First time I tried z-brush I thought I was gonna have an aneurysm just looking at the splash screen. I think the mainstream packages getting into VR will be a matter of when and not if. Compared to Medium, tho, they have a lot of baggage that they'll have to work around. Have a look at UE4 VR editing mode for the perfect example of what I'm talking about. Taking your existing software and just bolting on VR is a hiding to nowhere.

Anonymous
Not applicable
your're right, but I feel its time for  most of those companies to rethink their software anyway. it is not much but there are some tools I miss in Medium... but hey, it's 1.1....