cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can't install the rift due to a Etrhonhub3.sys error

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've just bought a Rift but I can't make it work.
Each time I'm trying to install it I've got a BSOD when the setup is asking me to connect the rift and the sensor
Looks like it's something about Etron USB3 because the blue screen is mentionning Etrhonhub3.sys whom is my USB 3 controler

I've found an old topic on that forum about that :smile:
https://forums.oculus.com/community/discussion/23377/0-6-0-0-problems

My computer is running on windows 7 pro SP1 64 bits

help will be greatly appreciated
9 REPLIES 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
I forgot !
Here is my log file of the setup

OculusSetup.log
https://www.dropbox.com/s/aimsltugbi232h3/OculusSetup.zip?dl=0

As you can see I tried several times, and by the way I've uninstalled and reinstalled the Etron USB3 driver 

cybereality
Grand Champion
Can you try uninstalling the Etron driver in Device Manager and using Microsoft default driver? Also, have you checked if there is a newer driver available?
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm already using the latest drivers available (1.0.0.118)
I've tried to let windows install his default drivers but it didn't found any

If you're making a search on the support forum using 
Etron as a keyword it looks like I'm not the only one

Anonymous
Not applicable
ok so I managed to install it using a small trick.
I plugged the rift in USB 2 port just to let the setup install the driver and it works
Then I've plug it back in the USB 3 port and it's working.

Now I've got a new bug. I have no sound. Only a weird buzzing sound ....

Looks like everything is linked to the USB ports and many people are advising to add an Inateck PCIe USB card. 

cybereality
Grand Champion
Interesting. I would also recommend trying the add-on card. Be sure to get this specific one (models with different numbers of ports, even from the same company, don't necessarily use the same USB controllers and may not work).
https://www.amazon.com/Inateck-Superspeed-Ports-PCI-Expansion/dp/B00B6ZCNGM
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

Anonymous
Not applicable
damn ! that's a pain. 
Is there a list somewhere of the USB chipset officialy supported by Oculus ?

cybereality
Grand Champion
Currently that model is the only one recommended. Is there a reason that won't work for you?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Nope it should work I just want to be sure it will work with that one  😉

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ok so I've installed the Inateck Superspeed 4 Ports PCI-E to USB 3.0 Expansion Card.
Installation and setup are easy and it's working like a charm.

Rift and sensor have been immediatly detected by the installation software as soon as I plug them in that new USB device.
No sounds problems this time so I'm really happy ! Everything is working smoothly.

Only one weird thing. :#
When i'm going in oculus home into the parameters section if I look at the details of the hardware (where you have the serial number and firmware number of your rift, sensor etc ...) 
My rift shows USB 2.0 where my sensor is showing USB 3.0 !
The weird thing is that both of them are plug into the Inateck expansion card  ..
Anyway I've just played to IL2 with my rift and I didn't had any trouble in game. So I presume it's OK

edit : Looks like I'm not the only one :
https://forums.oculus.com/community/discussion/33087/rift-headset-only-detected-as-usb-2-0-in-a-usb-...