cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rick and Morty VR? Worth it?

DarkTenka
Trustee
I'm on the fence with this one, it looks like a good laugh but for $46 AU and aparently its only like 2-3 hours long?

Anyone who bought it wanna chime in with an opinion here?

I've never even watched Rick and Morty, though I've been meaning to for a while now. It looks like the kind of immature BS I'm into. I was hoping that maybe this would finally get me off my arse to watch the damn show.  Still, I'd rather not sink that much money into only a couple of hours of gameplay unless its REALLY good. 

Thoughts?
9 REPLIES 9

xWandererx
Heroic Explorer
Look up Jacksepticeye on Uboob he plays it on an htc-sorry for swearing.

MowTin
Expert Trustee
I'm in the same boat but I think I'll buy it anyway. 
i7 9700k 3090 rtx   CV1, Rift-S, Index, G2

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
It looks cute but I will probably wait, considering I still haven't
unlocked everything in Robinson the Journey, and Wilson's Heart is
coming out very soon!

(I accidentally typed this in the wrong thread early!)

DarkTenka
Trustee
Hehe .. well you know it sorta still answered the op of that other thread anyway so its all good. 😛 

I think I'm going to wait on it .. I might cave if it comes down to the 20-30$ range. Hopefully it goes on sale over the american summer holidays.

LZoltowski
Champion

Zenbane said:

It looks cute but I will probably wait, considering I still haven't
unlocked everything in Robinson the Journey, and Wilson's Heart is
coming out very soon!

(I accidentally typed this in the wrong thread early!)

How is Robinson? I am on the edge with that one.
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
I loved Robinson, and I plan to log another hour in it today in order to discover a few unlocks.

If you enjoy puzzle solving and exploration then it's definitely a game worth picking up. The puzzles are not overly complex like a Myst/Obduction game; they are challenging enough to stump you a few times while keeping the game fun. If you travel off the main path and explore as much as possible, you get some unique experiences with danger and dinosaurs.

I have compared to a mix between: Farlands, The Climb, and Obduction.

I love all 3 of those games, so when I realized that Robinson combined the best of those elements... I fell to my knees in thanks to the VR Gods.

LZoltowski
Champion

Zenbane said:

I loved Robinson, and I plan to log another hour in it today in order to discover a few unlocks.

If you enjoy puzzle solving and exploration then it's definitely a game worth picking up. The puzzles are not overly complex like a Myst/Obduction game; they are challenging enough to stump you a few times while keeping the game fun. If you travel off the main path and explore as much as possible, you get some unique experiences with danger and dinosaurs.

I have compared to a mix between: Farlands, The Climb, and Obduction.

I love all 3 of those games, so when I realized that Robinson combined the best of those elements... I fell to my knees in thanks to the VR Gods.

I see it has free movement, how is the VR nausea on that one?
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
There are several options to help with the comfort. I use fluid movement with snap turning. I've never once felt motion sickness. I have enjoyed two different 4 hour sessions without issues.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yup, that's yet another game on Must Buy List!

There's no such thing as too many dinosaurs in VR!