cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

hmd cable management solution

hoochyuk
Heroic Explorer
kyecror52rkk.jpgWow just recieved my cable management  pulleys for the rift of of amazon  and there amazing for 6 pulleys £20.No more tripping over cable and I can lie down or stand up in any part of my 2.8m × 2.8m play area and unclipped when done.  It literally feels wireless and no drilling put up in literally 3 mins7bmoh9ulf3ra.jpgh5bibljakdz2.jpge0s7g6a6zwrl.jpg
20 REPLIES 20

elboffor
Consultant
Fkin aye!
You only using 3?
This is my forum signature.
There are many others like it, but this is mine.

Jamesparker_1
Expert Protege
Do you feel them pulling on the headset at all?

darkeclypse
Protege
Ive got the same set and have had it for 2 weeks now.. At first loved it but did not like it pulling the headset. So I found a back pack around the house and put it on to attach the cable to the back loop at the top of the back pack so there would be some slack in the cable.. it would pull on the back pack which you wouldn't notice.. worked great. Till you turn around and the wire cables are in your face. 😞  So i'm flustered now not knowing what to change.. need someone else in the family to try it on so I can see how to maybe tweak it.

hoochyuk
Heroic Explorer
I get a little pull if I lie down at back of my room but only a tiny tug and I used 4

hoochyuk
Heroic Explorer
It's far better than ripping my hdmi cable out or headset off my head everytime I stand up after lying down,95% of the time now I forget I'm connected

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
How does that remain stuck to the ceiling? I bet it won't last 5 mins if it's just stuck there with them pads. Either it will eventually pull the paint off or just peel off I suspect.

hoochyuk
Heroic Explorer
It's 3m so sticks solid and the pulleys are weighted for the oculus rift cable so there's very little pull on them the cords extend 2.5m each so I can comfortably  lie on the floor played onward 6 hours last night and not 1 problem or cable worry.you gotta get the ones by medwic  though as the others don't have the right weighted pulleys as vive cable heavier

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
@licker1977 - So you can't remove them if they are stuck solid? I'm hoping they come off so I can make adjustments to them if I put them up wrong the first time around.

elboffor
Consultant

It's far better than ripping my hdmi cable out or headset off my head everytime I stand up after lying down,95% of the time now I forget I'm connected

Thats why i did this
https://forums.oculus.com/community/discussion/46883/make-sure-the-cable-doesnt-tug-on-the-headset-p...
This is my forum signature.
There are many others like it, but this is mine.