cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Height glitching up and down

KevinLongtime
Heroic Explorer
Today I've been noticing this weird thing where I'm sitting inside of "I expect you to die" and while im sitting in my chair I get this glitch every once in a while where my height glitches upwards and I have to reset my default orientation to get it back down to normal. After a little while it will do it again. 

Anyone else have this?
199 REPLIES 199

Arock387
Heroic Explorer
3 sensor setup and it has made it impossible to play any game that requires interaction with the environment because I just grow in VR over time and eventually cannot reach low enough to grab stuff without slamming my floor

Wildt
Consultant

Arock387 said:

3 sensor setup and it has made it impossible to play any game that requires interaction with the environment because I just grow in VR over time and eventually cannot reach low enough to grab stuff without slamming my floor

Same here :angry:
PCVR: CV1 || 4 sensors || TPcast wireless adapter || MamutVR Gun stock V3
PSVR: PS4 Pro || Move Controllers || Aim controller
WMR: HP Reverb

Mnem0nic
Protege
Sorry to bump this topic - v1.12 fixed this issue for me and tracking was better than 1.11,,, since then I've not used the Rift and just stuck with my Vive..

Well I tried my Rift again yesterday and was shocked I had an 1.14 update waiting for me so installed and updated oculus drivers as requested and run sensor setup again, which 3/4 way in moaned about about me being to far from my front sensors and to step forward ( but my 2 front  sensors are less than 24inchs away 7ft up facing down) .... Anyway skipped that part after many attempts and finally in home with everything working,, until I played some games and went back to home to find that I am again 2 inches higher of the carpet.. Tried to go through many sensor setups and the problem remains again, gave up went back to vive.... 

Why was this working fine in 1.12 and back again with 1.14 ? 

RamjetX
Honored Guest
I have had this exact thing... I've found some odd behavior running the sensors on USB3 ... run them from a USB 2.0 port and see if it helps

Norwegian_guy
Expert Protege
The height issue seems to be back for me too. Have to reset it every time I open oculus home. Not a huge deal but annoying 

Mnem0nic
Protege
I'm using a Startech 4 port USB card with 4 dedicated 5gb channels (the expensive one hehe).. So I would say its not a USB issue as all was working fine before the last update, so no idea why its come back this time...

I'll just wait for the next Oculus update before trying again 😞 

DaedalusAlpha
Explorer
Same here. Was playing Dirt Rally when all of a sudden the view started spazzing out. Once it stopped I easily pressed reset view and continued, but when I exited out to oculus home I was 4 meters tall and it won't go away...

Didn't Oculus say something about being careful with future updates and roll them out in beta first to avoid these problems 😛

Zandil
Rising Star
Been having the Height bug since 1.13 and still getting it on 1.14

Zandil
Rising Star
Support think my issue is a faulty HMD and now want to replace the HMD

gamefan101
Adventurer
The height jumping still occurs with my 3 sensor setup in 1.14.  I don't think they'll ever fix it.