cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Games you wish you could play in VR?

Paddy234
Protege
For me the few games i wish i could play in VR are the Witcher 3 which would have to be completely redone due to the combat being in third person. Fallout 4 which is eventually coming this year 🙂 and GTA 5 which is probably one i'm most hoping for. I feel the GTA worlds are the most exciting and fun and to escape into a world that is already so immersive on screen would just be pure magic. A GTA 5 VR would kill tv gaming for me 🙂
136 REPLIES 136

MarkusWo
Expert Protege

give us a good Star Wars VR game! With epic space battles, lightsaber duels, etc.

Disney, you would get my money!!!

DarkTenka
Trustee
My most sought after experiences in VR in no particular order:

- A Doom-like FPS with non-linear level design that allows you to explore the area's and find secrets (imagine actually pressing buttons on a console or pulling levers to find it open a secret door that leads to a badass weapon/item). Hopefully DooM 2016 VR will fill this void.

- An FPS RPG with a strong narrative component with good VO/Mocapped actors playing immersive NPC's. Hopefully Fallout 4 fills this void although the immersion on the NPC's are probably going to be a little bit lackluster (as they always are with Bethesda).

- A Combat space/flight sim with an emphasis on the Simulation (Eve Valk is too arcadey) with a strong narrative component would also be nice. Games like X-Wing/Tie Fighter, Freespace 2 brought to the modern era with VR. Hopefully Star Citizen Squadron 42 fills this void but whether or not it supports VR is constantly in flux, who knows.

- Mech Combat Sim. Both Vox Machinae and Mechwarrior 5: Mercenaries are on the horizon for this one.

bigmike20vt
Visionary
Stunt Car Racer
Rebel Assault
Mech games - and a definite +1 on the vox machine and MW5 shout outs!.

@KillCard I presume you have tried Elite Dangerous?

there is a narrative but you do have to dig deep for it.  its not full on sim but its more so than Eve V

gutted that VR is on the bench for Star citizen now.  Apparently it is under consideration for Hellion which looks a super title.
Fiat Coupe, gone. 350Z gone. Dirty nappies, no sleep & practical transport incoming. Thank goodness for VR 🙂

DarkTenka
Trustee

Stunt Car Racer
Rebel Assault

there is a narrative but you do have to dig deep for it.  its not full on sim but its more so than Eve V

gutted that VR is on the bench for Star citizen now.  Apparently it is under consideration for Hellion which looks a super title.

I have been on the fence with Elite D ever since I got my Rift. I know its lauded as one of the best games to play but I know all too well how much of a time sink it is. The thing that doesnt really have me completely jumping at it is just how much the game revolves around long travel times to get from point a to point b. That and, at least when I played it last, the narrative was mostly text and not exactly easy to find/get into as you said.

I have in fact played it flat back when it originally came out, though not for very long, not long enough to give it a fair go. I didn't hate it, but I wasn't particularly wowed by it either .. it's evident that it is a slow-burner and I would need to give it a decent go to get into it (which once you're there, you're probably addicted and cant stop). I guess you could say the game just intimidates me too much on that level lol.

I'll definitely jump in at some point, but now's not exactly the right time .. too much obligations coming up with work etc.

vannagirl
Consultant
Elite

Isnt a game its an experience 🙂

You just literally just enter fly around and have so many thrilling moments. 

It is so different 2d
Look, man. I only need to know one thing: where they are. 

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
I have to really like a game before I even attempt to read a catalogue of instructions. This is the thing that gets me about some games today, there just to bloody complicated some of them. I spent 3 months learning to fly the A10C in DCS World, I had a bit of a break from it recently and I've now forgotten how to fly the thing. 

Anonymous
Not applicable
I would love to see a new MechWarrior game that offered single player action, similar in concept to MechWarrior Mercenaries.

That would be awesome in VR!

bigmike20vt
Visionary
isnt MW5 going to be single player at least in part (if not i am out... and i would have to go and kick someone 😉 )

Fiat Coupe, gone. 350Z gone. Dirty nappies, no sleep & practical transport incoming. Thank goodness for VR 🙂

bigmike20vt
Visionary

KillCard said:

Stunt Car Racer
Rebel Assault

I have been on the fence with Elite D ever since I got my Rift. I know its lauded as one of the best games to play but I know all too well how much of a time sink it is. The thing that doesnt really have me completely jumping at it is just how much the game revolves around long travel times to get from point a to point b. That and, at least when I played it last, the narrative was mostly text and not exactly easy to find/get into as you said.

I have in fact played it flat back when it originally came out, though not for very long, not long enough to give it a fair go. I didn't hate it, but I wasn't particularly wowed by it either .. it's evident that it is a slow-burner and I would need to give it a decent go to get into it (which once you're there, you're probably addicted and cant stop). I guess you could say the game just intimidates me too much on that level lol.

I'll definitely jump in at some point, but now's not exactly the right time .. too much obligations coming up with work etc.

If you have the horizons DLC there are lots of ways to get into the game quickly now.  multicrew is a drop in / drop out affair so is instant action (note personally i am not a fan of this tho can see why it is implemented so and may be a hook for someone like yourself)

we can now alos pay to have ships transported, so if you want your combat ship where you are, but you are in your trade ship, you can order a freighter to deliver your ship. and you can do ssome missions whilst you wait.

a lot of the complexity in ED is down to poor instructions. if you get a friend who knows the ropes to wing up with you and shadow you, you will find progress in ED now is faster than it has ever been.

its still not a quick game however.