cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

hmd cable management solution

hoochyuk
Heroic Explorer
kyecror52rkk.jpgWow just recieved my cable management  pulleys for the rift of of amazon  and there amazing for 6 pulleys £20.No more tripping over cable and I can lie down or stand up in any part of my 2.8m × 2.8m play area and unclipped when done.  It literally feels wireless and no drilling put up in literally 3 mins7bmoh9ulf3ra.jpgh5bibljakdz2.jpge0s7g6a6zwrl.jpg
20 REPLIES 20

darkeclypse
Protege

lovethis said:

@licker1977 - So you can't remove them if they are stuck solid? I'm hoping they come off so I can make adjustments to them if I put them up wrong the first time around.

Yes you can.. i have mine stuck to the basement wood painted joists.. ive moved them once already and may tweak it some more and feel confident they will stick again.

Im talking about the sticky back hooks.. not the 3m white pads.

hoochyuk
Heroic Explorer
I don't know not taken one of must of been lucky with the placement as works perfect

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
@licker1977- Do you have that last cable and pulley that holds the Rift, directly above your head or just behind you? I also think you will pull the paint off your ceiling in time because if you look at the design pictures it doesn't show it being stuck to a painted ceiling. I might be wrong so if someone has had these on a painted ceiling for sometime can comment, it might be a bit more reassuring.

I've messed about with this for some time and I don't know if it's just me doing it wrong, but I have come to the conclusion that over head cables hanging from the ceiling create more problems then it's worth. Maybe it's because my computer is in-front of me where the two front facing cameras are and it requires the computer and cables behind you. I find I just keep getting tangled in the cables more then I do with it just on the floor. 

So does the computer and cable need to be behind you? The CV1 with such short extension cables doesn't allow much room for manoeuvre.

hoochyuk
Heroic Explorer
My pc is in front aswell last pulley is above my head

hoochyuk
Heroic Explorer
Will try and post a video of it working

hoochyuk
Heroic Explorer
Best I can video while on me todd

blanes
Rising Star

I get a little pull if I lie down at back of my room but only a tiny tug and I used 4

Lock the door, tighten your belt and zipper and keep moving for added security ...
... lest the anonymous tiny tugger will strike again !  😮

RedRizla
Honored Visionary

Best I can video while on me todd

That would be great, it sure would help out. I've ordered some now.

hoochyuk
Heroic Explorer
Can't post video on here

cybereality
Grand Champion
If you upload to a site like YouTube or Vimeo you can just paste the video link URL and it will show up.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV