cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Games you wish you could play in VR?

Paddy234
Protege
For me the few games i wish i could play in VR are the Witcher 3 which would have to be completely redone due to the combat being in third person. Fallout 4 which is eventually coming this year 🙂 and GTA 5 which is probably one i'm most hoping for. I feel the GTA worlds are the most exciting and fun and to escape into a world that is already so immersive on screen would just be pure magic. A GTA 5 VR would kill tv gaming for me 🙂
136 REPLIES 136

Paddy234
Protege

bizjer said:

MarkusWo said:

give us a good Star Wars VR game! With epic space battles, lightsaber duels, etc.

Disney, you would get my money!!!

I cant believe that they haven't done anything other than that one psvr mission yet. Its a cash cow and surely the sort of app that would get the masses into vr. 

MarkusWo said:

give us a good Star Wars VR game! With epic space battles, lightsaber duels, etc.

Disney, you would get my money!!!

The problem is money, at the moment the VR userbase is too small to risk devolving such an expensive game. Think how rubbish PS and Xbox games are when they first come out compared to a year or two later. Big developers don't want their games hitting the market unless there is around at least a 5 million userbase. Once Oculus drops the price to $400 then you will see another good few million units sold. It's still too expensive for the masses  

leo1954au
Adventurer
God my list would be to long to put here but my number one would be any of the Elder Scrolls games starting from Morrowind and the Half Life Series plus Farcry 1.

I notice someone mention Stunt Car Racer well I have a game called Nitro Stunt Racing that would be good in VR
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LcgHjwYt0V8

Ernimus_Prime
Heroic Explorer
X-wing vs TIE fighter redux VR would be freaking awesome. 
ASUS TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI), Ryzen 7 3700x, 16 gigs ram DDR-4 3600 MHZ. SSD XPG 8200 pro 1 TB. WD Black 4 TB. Windows 10 PRO 64-bit. MSI VENTUS 3 RTX 3080 OC, Primary: MSI MAG274QRF-QD 2nd monitor: Acer Predator XG270HU 1440p@144 hz, Phanteks Enthoo Pro case. Corsair rm750x PSU. Rift S.

PhoenixSpyder
Rising Star

leo1954au said:

God my list would be to long to put here but my number one would be any of the Elder Scrolls games starting from Morrowind and the Half Life Series plus Farcry 1.

I notice someone mention Stunt Car Racer well I have a game called Nitro Stunt Racing that would be good in VR
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LcgHjwYt0V8

I have been able to get Oblivion & Half Life 2 series working in Vorpx almost as good as native...it takes a bit of tweeking but works incredible (also SS so that there is nearly no aliasing). I know some aren't keen on Vorpx but it does do the job for some games that don't have native VR support. Also, apparently it is also able to do GTAV in VR with some tweeking.

I wish someone would bring full support to Alien Isolation. It has support for DK2 but doesn't work with CV1...vorpx does give it VR but there is serious probs with shadows and lighting, reflections.

Star Wars Battlefront would be great in VR.

Metro game series too. Vorpx doesn't really do the job for it yet.

Oh yes, I do play ED and have to say it is incredible...if you can put the time into it...super steep learning curve + grinding to get expensive items but still worth it. It's my go to VR game presently.

i7 8700k; 5ghz (water cooled), Asus Rog Strix Z370-E Gaming, Corsair 270R case, EVGA 3090 FTW3 Ultra, 32 GB Corsair Veng DDR4 2666 Ghz, Adata SX900 SSD, 1TB M.2 SSD, Adata Su800 SSD, Adata SU650 SSD, BarraCuda 2TB HD, Toshiba 3tB HD, Rift (dead), Rift S, Win 10 Pro 2004, Inateck KT4006 USB3.0

leo1954au
Adventurer
Yes I was able to get skyrim and half life to work with vorpx but the FOV thing kind of spoiled the experience but I mite see if I can get nitro stunt racing to work with TriDef  

DarkTenka
Trustee

leo1954au said:

Yes I was able to get skyrim and half life to work with vorpx but the FOV thing kind of spoiled the experience but I mite see if I can get nitro stunt racing to work with TriDef  

You know you can set the FOV in Skyrim to just about anything right? .. I went with 120 when I was playing it in VR, looked perfect.

leo1954au
Adventurer
Yes I know that

DarkTenka
Trustee

leo1954au said:

Yes I know that

Ok, sorry, not sure what you meant by the "FOV thing" then.

The only reason I'm not playing Skyrim all the time myself is mostly the UI problems which are difficult to overcome without using Edge Peek. Also, no way to support touch .. which would be amazing if it could happen.

Not to mention that its another real time sink game, same reason as ED.

elboffor
Consultant
GTA V amd far cry series.
My life would be complete.

A bit of crysis wouldnt go a miss but i dont thibk it would work due to how fast paced the combat was. (Quote from back in the day: only people with shit pc's don't like crysis)
This is my forum signature.
There are many others like it, but this is mine.

Paddy234
Protege
For me i would also like something with a deep story and immersive game play, an RPG sort of set in a blade runner universe with a similar epic soundtrack. VR invokes emotions that you never get from the screen so i'm desperate to see developers create stories for us to shape