Last night I encountered a problem that is pretty annoying. When I put the Rift on my head soon after buzzing sounds come from my speaker. This happens whether the Rift audio is set to default or not. If I take the Rift off and play music or audio from a website, the audio is clear as it should be. Even while that audio is playing, as soon as I put the Rift on the buzzing sound starts again. If I turn the speaker off, the Rift audio is fine. Somehow the Rift is triggering the buzzing sounds through my speaker whether audio is playing through it or not as long as the speaker is on.
For some background, the day before I did the following:
- Transfer games/apps to another drive using AOMEI vrBackupper (success).
- Reinstalled games that did not work like BlazeRush.
- Decided I wanted to enable testing new releases so Oculus Home and drivers were updated to 1.14
- Tried the Rift and that's when I noticed the buzzing. Thought it was the wiring but it's not.
- Rolled back the drivers and unchecked the setting to test new releases. Now back to 1.13.
- I restarted the computer a few times. Unplugged everything and plugged it back in. Checked other settings but none of it helped.
Does anyone have any suggestions for me to try? Thanks!