cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

update 1.14 sux!!!!!!!

mphotog
Explorer
This is the dumbest update ever. I don't what these fools have done, but now when I reset my sensors and go through the process, it tells me that my front sensors are in the wrong position ( I have three sensors). I have not moved them! The front two face me, the rear sensor is in the right rear corner. Nothing has changed. Why do I get these errors when I have not moved them. Everything worked just fine before. I should have not updated! WHICH WAY ARE THESE SENSORS  SUPPOSE TO FACE??????? I spend more time jacking with these stupid sensors. This is so frustrating dealing with this crap. This update was suppose to improve 3 sensor setups, what a joke.
24 REPLIES 24

matskatsaba
Adventurer
Since oculus home is out, it's not beta, actually.
not exactly sure i`ve blacklisted the correct adresses either, because vague ideas are something I have a lot of too 😉
done with fbcdn, oculus.fbcdn and edge-mqtt6-shv-01-iad3.facebook.com - which is theoretically the update server but pretty sure its just one of many so likely won't be perfect.
for now, the driver changes are rolled back and just not accepting driver update but it's not a reliable solution, knowing how oculus started to handle things after the beta phase.

danknugz
Superstar

Oh i thought you have worked out an actual solution, my apologies.

https://diginc.us/linux/2010/using-iptables-with-dynamic-ip-hostnames-like-dyndns-org/

A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text. Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing? A: Top-posting. Q: What is the most annoying thing on forums?

Phil007
Protege
Seems my problem was being caused by an update to the EasyTuneEngineService that i use for fan control via SIV on my Gigabyte board.

cybereality
Grand Champion
Thanks for following up.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

gamefan101
Adventurer

danknugz said:

mphotog said:

... I should have not updated! ...

You can't actually opt out from automatic updates.
All you can do is reroll to an older disk image.
I even tried blocking oculus services from the internet through windows firewall, but added itself another set of exceptions.
Basically the only way to effectively block these forced updates is to blacklist it in the hosts file.

or use a real firewall

I use a thing called "Windows Firewall Control".  It links with the built in firewall but gives the ability to block outbound and inbound via a popup which appears when you first run something.  It works for me.
Get Help
Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

Check out some popular posts here:
Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community
Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset
Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest
Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?