cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rift suddenly not working

nickisnoob
Sightseer
Hello,

Got my Rift (CV1) a few weeks ago, no issues except a few disconnects.

Was playing The Climb this morning when the game crashed.

Oculus home was unresponsive and i force closed it in task manager. Now the Rift does not work.

The orange light is still on, but there is no picture when i put it on.

Everything is still shown as connected (HDMI, USB, sensors, touch) but i get a "Oculus Hardware Eror" when i try to run setup.

Have tried reinstalling the Oculus software, Graphics card drivers. Also tried a lot of USB ports.

Any help would be appreciated.

44 REPLIES 44

Ucant
Honored Guest
Same with me last night, tried backing out creators update ...nvidia update...oculus updated and said it was changing drivers..tried deleting drivers and letting windows rediscover it...i know when I move headset cable the orange led light flickers with movement at the head set end and never goes white and boots up video...sound sometimes dings in headset though.  Seems almost like bad component inside headset at cable plugin

cybereality
Grand Champion
Please reach out to us and submit a support ticket. Thanks.
https://support.oculus.com
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

Ucant
Honored Guest
I have submitted a ticket And was asked to unplug and check drivers and make sure computer was able to run rift ...its ran fine since August of 16 when I got it until last night!.have not heard back since but I replied only a few hours ago so I wait...looking forward to playing Wilson's heart one this gets sorted out

cybereality
Grand Champion
Yes, please work with support on this. We may have to ask you to do some basic troubleshooting, but this is necessary to pinpoint the problem and either resolve it or replace the device if needed. Thanks for your patience.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

Mendes_Soze
Honored Guest
<Original post removed>

Opened a ticket with support following intermittent black outs and I can't express how good support has been. Well done Oculus and thanks for the great service.

XxDigitalFearxX
Honored Guest
im having the same problem! I opened a ticket and the support  told me to do update, reboot, plug in and out but to no avail. Nothing seems to work so he said to send the log files and now its the waiting game. I cant believe this many people were having issues its just insane. 

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have no clue if this might be related but, I had trouble launching controller software right after the Windows update. The issue turned out to be the newly released DotNetFrameWork 4.7; after downloading the install / removal tool and removing the update, the program stated working again. Simply using the Windows Update Uninstall did not work, I had to get the download for v4.7 and use the removal tool.

benphua
Honored Guest
Oh god I just got this error and my rift is just about a year old, what a disaster...

rtheron
Explorer
same problem - @benphua mine is over a year old as well, it has already been replaced once because of the constant disconnects issue, which eventually leads to this hardware error - the second unit started having the disconnects and is now completely dead, same Invalid Bundle Adjustment error.....

Now oculus is saying it's out of warranty, even though I reported that the disconnects started well before my warranty was up, but I didn't want to send the unit back then because of how the sensors are mounted in my home, decided just to live wit it as obviously it happens with most of the headsets anyways

They are saying they will 'try to build a case' to have my unit replaced but I'm shocked that they won't support these better, bought this one near launch and it seems more and more of them are failing... 

Apple for example allows out of warranty replacements for factory/design defects for hardware that's years past warranty all the time, I wish these guys would get serious about actual support for their customers rather than just meeting 
minimum obligation

cybereality
Grand Champion
Not sure I can help, but send me a PM and I will check on Monday to see if there is anything we can do. Thanks.