cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exporting Quill drawings to Unreal

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi devs, I am interested in putting some drawings made in quill into Unreal. I tried exporting a very simple scene as .fbx and .abc and neither one imported properly into Unreal. The .fbx was close to working but none of the colors came thorugh whereas the .abc crashed Unreal when I imported it.

I understand the intent is to allow content creation for VR with Quill, so I must be missing some better way to :smile:
11 REPLIES 11

joedanimation
Honored Guest
For those trying to open an Alembic file in a 3D program to try to pass to a game engine, I recommend opening the Alembic in Blender (which is free).  You can then export it as an .fbx for Unreal.  I've had the most luck with this workflow for even just getting files from Quill to Sketchfab.  Alembic files converted to .fbx from Blender seem to work better for me even in Maya than the .fbx files export from Quill.

JavierVerdugo
Honored Guest
Hi, I am waiting for the oculus to arrive at home. Meanwhile I would like to know, how is the mesh created in quill? I am assuming that the geometry is generated by triangles, Is it correct?