cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How To Get Logs For Bug Reports for Consumer Rift (1.3+)

cybereality
Grand Champion
If you are experiencing issues either installing or using the consumer Rift hardware or software package (1.3 or newer), then please be sure to provide the following logs when reporting the issue.

If your issue is with the setup installer, either having errors or not completing, do these steps.

Open a File Explorer window and paste this in the URL field:
%LOCALAPPDATA%\Oculus\
Then look for "OculusSetup.log" and upload it to your post. Please do *not* just copy/paste the text into the post area, as this becomes difficult to read. This folder may be hidden. Make sure you go into the Folder Options and choose Show Hidden Files and Folders first.

If you are having any other sort of problem after the installation, do the following.

Run "OculusLogGatherer.exe" by double-clicking the icon after navigating to this folder:
C:\Program Files\Oculus\Support\oculus-diagnostics
and upload the zip file to your post.

Thanks.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
202 REPLIES 202

Magestri
Honored Guest

If you are experiencing issues either installing or using the consumer Rift hardware or software package (1.3 or newer), then please be sure to provide the following logs when reporting the issue.

If your issue is with the setup installer, either having errors or not completing, do these steps.

Open a File Explorer window and paste this in the URL field:
%LOCALAPPDATA%\Oculus\
Then look for "OculusSetup.log" and upload it to your post. Please do *not* just copy/paste the text into the post area, as this becomes difficult to read. This folder may be hidden. Make sure you go into the Folder Options and choose Show Hidden Files and Folders first.

If you are having any other sort of problem after the installation, do the following.

Run "OculusLogGatherer.exe" by double-clicking the icon after navigating to this folder:
C:\Program Files\Oculus\Support\oculus-diagnostics
and upload the zip file to your post.

Thanks.

Everything was fine a few hours ago, now it wants my sensors to be like 8 ft from each other, and keeps saying get closer, then it says move sensor and reset... Your assistance would be appreciated. 

thanks

cybereality
Grand Champion
Have you tried moving the sensors already?
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

Viscar
Honored Guest
I am trying to figure out Star Trek Bridge Crew freezes mid way through a mission.  I was able to complete the tutorial and one mission, but others have froze.  Thank you.

cybereality
Grand Champion
Try to update AMD drivers and USB drivers for your motherboard.

madblake
Honored Guest
my headset stays on all the time wont sleep have to shut down app every time when i am done or it gets hot

Namicolo
Explorer
I used to be able to play for hours on end, but now i can barely do 10 minutes in the rift without the whole computer freezing forcing me to restart it.  This is the log for an hour ago. If you need other information, please let me know but this is getting to the point where this is a giant waste of money.

Bigky226
Honored Guest
Here my logs for 1.16 Dirt Rally issues thanks @cybereality
6700K 1080TI 32GB Z170D

LucidNighmare
Honored Guest

Namicolo said:

I used to be able to play for hours on end, but now i can barely do 10 minutes in the rift without the whole computer freezing forcing me to restart it.  This is the log for an hour ago. If you need other information, please let me know but this is getting to the point where this is a giant waste of money.

Ever find a solution?

sherpa25
Protege
Hi, waiting for my CV1 to arrive in a couple of days, but I decided to run OculusSetup in advance, but I get the'Install was blocked by your antivirus' message too, even if they're all (AVG, defender, malwarebytes) disabled.  Run oculussetup.exe as administrator too.  Help pls.

PC: i5-4670k, Win10 x64, 980ti, 16mb ram, SSD.

Attached my log. Thanks.

albypy
Honored Guest
Hi, I got the message "Can't connect" and "Please check your connection." But my internet connection is working.

The error in the log file is "Uncaught exception!"

Attached my log.

Help please,
Thanks.