cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Setup: KB2670838 and KB3033929 required, but already installed

paranoidcoder
Explorer
So i'm trying to run the Oculus setup, however, every time I try it will not allow me to continue because i do not have the windows updates KB2670838 and KB3033929, but I do have them installed!

The setup file i grabbed from here:
https://www.oculus.com/en-us/setup/

And I've verified through Windows "Installed updates" that both of those updates are present on my Windows 7 machine.

Against my better judgement, I even went through and uninstalled the windows updates, and installed them again, but this problem still persists!

Help? I've been trying to get this thing to work for the last 6 hours!
82 REPLIES 82

apexmaster
Explorer
hello, I am having same issue, with those Kn hotfix, how to do I use command promt to open oculus .exe?

cybereality
Grand Champion
There are tons of sites that can show how to use the command line. I can try to explain the steps.

- Copy the file "OculusSetup.exe" onto your C: drive (not in any folder, just in the root).
- Open the command window by pressing the Windows button and typing "cmd" and press Enter..
- Type "C:" and press enter. When you are typing, don't use quotes (just type what's in between the quotes).
- Type "CD/" and press enter.
- Type "OculusSetup.exe /bypassHotfixCheck" and press enter.

That should be it. Hope that helps.

AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

zzkszzks
Honored Guest
i am really feel regret to buy this now. waste my time to deal these shits.

BillVajtastic
Honored Guest
I tried this but now it says it cannot find the server

*FIXED  I used this guide but had to uninstall all of my antivirus software including Microsoft security essentials.

It is now working! 

No_111_Darky
Explorer
This worked for me so thank you for pointing me in the wright direction cybereality

- Copy the file "OculusSetup.exe" onto your C: drive (not in any folder, just in the root).

- Open the command window by pressing the Windows button and typing "cmd" and press Enter.
run cmd as administrator.

Paste the line below into the cmd box and press enter this was for Windows 7 Professional 64bit 

C:\OculusSetup.exe
/bypassHotfixCheck

Thank you cybereality :smile:

cybereality
Grand Champion
Great. Glad I could help.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

Anonymous
Not applicable
hey guys the  Cmd in command promp should work ...if you type it in but nothing hapens that means that your typing it wrong look at this and type it the same as here look at the capital ones    OculusSetup.exe /bypassHotfixCheck    .....if you only type the thing in small letters wont work

Anonymous
Not applicable

hello, I am having same issue, with those Kn hotfix, how to do I use command promt to open oculus .exe?

click on start then type in the search bar cmd....your downloaded file the (oculussetup.exe) should be in your downloads file....so when u typed in cmd and enter at the search bar the black screen should come on....type in the screen (cd downloads) this shoulddirect it to the place its downloaded...then type this (OculusSetup.exe /bypassHotfixCheck) remember to look at what letter is a capatal and lower

hope it helped

Dasvessen
Honored Guest
im having  the same problem 

cybereality
Grand Champion

Dasvessen said:

im having  the same problem 

If you see this post (earlier in this thread)?
https://forums.oculus.com/community/discussion/comment/513107/#Comment_513107