cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[SOLVED] Rift Sensor Driver not found

Neotribal
Explorer
I had a problem yesterday that I ended up fixing on my own... decided to post and share my solution in case anyone else can benefit from it (problem stemmed from a botched uninstall.... power outage).

My rift sensor was being reported as "Not detected" within the Oculus App. Device manager was reporting that it was unable to find the driver. Uninstalling and reinstalling the Oculus Software had no effect. I found a folder located in C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Temp\Oculus\ that contained "OculusRiftSensorDriver.msi", but running the installer had no effect on my problem. Here's what worked:

Unpacked the .MSI contents using 7zip and renamed the files as follows:
  • OCULUSCAT > OCUSBVID.CAT
  • OCULUSINF > OCULUSINF.INF
  • OCUSBVID109 > OCUSBVID109.SYS
  • OCUSBVID111 > OCUSBVID111.SYS
Right-clicked OCULUSINF.INF, clicked "Install", driver installed successfully, fixed.

B) 

59 REPLIES 59

Espiem
Honored Guest
Just ran into this problem and your solution worked perfectly. Thanks a ton Neo.

VictoryToaster
Honored Guest
I did what the first one said and BOOM worked i took those new folders and pasted them into the oculus folder and worked like a charm thank you so much

jarolo646
Honored Guest

Many thanks I came perfect today I updated the rift and I passed the same there was no sensor driver, I run the installer and solved.
Thank you

LokiLegioner
Honored Guest
This method work and for me)))) Great thanks!

OoZnarFoO
Honored Guest
Thanks Neotribal!!

Neotribal
Explorer
🙂

Bruno, did you get sorted out?

ten10
Protege
Neotribal - it worked for me, too, having the old DK2 and DK2-Camera. But since i've had a cleaning program (temp folders and other stuff) running a few days ago, this oculus folder in appdata/local/temp was gone. So i've downloaded the oculussetup.exe , ran it with the "repair" option and the newly created temp/oculus folder was back again. I've copied this folder to another partition as a backup - and followed your description.
The blue light on the DK2 camera sensor  went on and VR programs are back working again.

Many, many Thx !  (... now there is still the question left - why the updater didn't do it's job right ...).

ajaxlex
Honored Guest
Hey.  I tried this option out, but the driver install fails, claiming that

"The third party INF does not contain a digital signature"

Any suggestions?  I am not excited about disabling integrity checks. 

[EDIT] - Oops - misspelled the CAT file :smiley:

VanSlade
Honored Guest

Thanks a lot, It works!!! you guys are awesome

notrev
Honored Guest

I dont do this very often but Ive had a similiar issue that I just couldnt install even after troubleshooting for 2 whole days straight and I just wanted to say thank you so much, this solved my issue.

I didnt do exactly what you did (I just dragged the sensor driver program to the desktop and run it) but it seemed to work and I couldnt be more thankful.

Thank you for your help.

I didn't have to move it, just executed it and it worked.
Thank you, guys.