cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you upload your own stuff?

CaliberMengsk
Explorer
Not that I'm ready at the moment, but how do you submit content to share? I didn't see any links on the share site itself, and I didn't see any in any of the post while just glancing around. Is there a specific requirement, or is it just stuff that the devs see and go "Let's put that there!"??????
21 REPLIES 21

Anonymous
Not applicable
"OculusOptician" wrote:
Likely still hashing out the rules. iRacing doesn't have a demo link and they should be taken down unless they post one. It's called "Share" for a reason not Oculus "Advert", I can see a lot of developers and VR enthusiasts being pissed off about this now.

The developers went out of there way to submit demo's last minute for share and iRacing just posted a link to their monthly service sign up page? :evil:

I kindof agree with you. I actually did agree until I thought some more about it. Take Lunar Flight. I great game that really should be on Share, but it costs money and are hosted on Steam. But still it should be on Share. Because it rocks!

Casuallynoted
Protege
Yeah, I think iRacing should post a demo on Share. I mean - if I could try out the game, even for just a little bit, I could decided whether or not I want to buy it. 😕

Anonymous
Not applicable
"namine207" wrote:
Yeah, I think iRacing should post a demo on Share. I mean - if I could try out the game, even for just a little bit, I could decided whether or not I want to buy it. 😕

I understand that they wont post a downloadable demo as it's an online game, but they should at least give some free time for new users...

Fluke
Heroic Explorer
"namine207" wrote:

Agreed. At the moment they aren't sharing anything but an advert.
Co-host of Recentered - A VR Podcast, available on all normal podcast streaming services.

Shannonb1
Explorer
I can see you're trying to lead this to a store where we can purchase games and you end up getting a cut, kinda like your own google store, right now it sucks. I get that its a beta, your title not mine, but I would call this an alpha, I have better experience going to MTBS3D or searching the web to find content.

Moral of the story, if you want to drive usage, make an experience even at the start that draws people in. From where I sit, you probably lost a lot of folks with the half assed launch. User experience proves that a bad first use experience wont bring consumers back.

Rant over, open up the pipes, let everyone worry about their own security and download risk, limit uploads to oculus owners. lets test this piece out.

virror
Explorer
Any ETA when full share functionality will be re-added?
Seems like this was released way to early : p

Kirenus
Explorer
Looks like it's up now.

https://share.oculus.com/submit-app

virror
Explorer
Great!
Seems like some of the descriptions are messed up though, no new line anywhere.

Serk
Explorer
I wonder if someone has actually submitted an app through the system. I'm logged in the site, but when I use the "Submit an app" button, it redirects me to the login page, which never accepts my username and password. So it seems I can't submit for now.

Still better than last time, though. At least I can access my profile page.

virror
Explorer
When i use the submit app button it takes me to a form where i have to fill in all info about the app.