cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Medium Import Fail

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello Guys,

I have an .STL-File from SolidEdge which i would like to look at in the VR-Realm. So I converted these File into an OBJ-File. Then I put this File in the Folder for Medium Import. (....\_impor\stamps). But in Oculus Medium I've got everytime an error report wenn I'll import the files. I have a picture. (sorry its in german. it means: "Import for: <File Name> failed. Fail by loading the Format Templet Mesh: xanadu #<File Name>.obj )kkmuk0xdy269.jpg
17 REPLIES 17

MattHickman
Rising Star
Could you zip and upload the STL and the OBJ for us to investigate? 

johnboyjr
Protege

Anonymous
Not applicable

Could you zip and upload the STL and the OBJ for us to investigate? 

yes of course.

thanks 

Anonymous
Not applicable

johnboyjr said:

i will take a look @ it ,

thank you

P3nT4gR4m
Consultant
If you just want to see your stuff in VR, I'd suggest Unreal Engine 4 as an alternative, since you won't lose as much detail on import. It's free to download, pretty easy to set up and runs VR like a ninja. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

P3nT4gR4m said:

If you just want to see your stuff in VR, I'd suggest Unreal Engine 4 as an alternative, since you won't lose as much detail on import. It's free to download, pretty easy to set up and runs VR like a ninja. 

ok thanks. do you know if its possible that i can built a another model with the imported stl-file and give it than back to print it with a 3D-printer?

Anonymous
Not applicable

SadikuA said:

P3nT4gR4m said:

ok thanks. do you know if its possible that i can built a another model with the imported stl-file and give it than back to print it with a 3D-printer?

yes you can export .obj files from Medium. If you need a .stl file then just use MeshLab to convert it from a .obj to .stl 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

johnboyjr said:

When I'm loading the STL into Noesis I'm getting this error: "This file cannot be previewed"
It says "Export Complete" but I've got no new file.
fugdhnv5sg0b.pnghfnxlrvy9dxf.png

johnboyjr
Protege

SadikuA said:

johnboyjr said:

When I'm loading the STL into Noesis I'm getting this error: "This file cannot be previewed"
It says "Export Complete" but I've got no new file.
fugdhnv5sg0b.pnghfnxlrvy9dxf.png

Can you send me the file