cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chromatic Aberration Issues

thekiwimaddog
Honored Guest
Hi everyone! I've received my DK2 today and have been playing around in both the Oculus World Demo and the Demo Scene and I'm noticing a large amount of chromatic aberration towards the edges of the screen. I've been playing around with the settings (IPD, Eye relief, Eye Cups) and nothing seems to help with this issue. In fact I can't even see a noticeable change in the chromatic aberration correction when viewing it using the monitor for reference and picking what I think are extreme values. They all just seem to produce the same correction effect.

Should the IPD, Eye Relief and Cup type change the chromatic aberration correction effect? If so can someone tell me the extreme values that I can choose for a comparison as I'm wondering if this is just a bug and my settings are not being applied to the distortion correctly.

Does anyone else see this chromatic aberration?

Thanks Everyone!
David
225 REPLIES 225

brantlew
Adventurer
Interesting. Yes, we don't currently have any way to account for extra optics in the system. If your lenses greatly distort your natural FOV and you are accustomed to that, then a lot of the calibration procedures may fail.

VRoaaar
Protege
Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but I'm having the same issue as @SebKaine has. I'm nearsighted (-3.5) and my son is even more nearsighted (-7.5). We both have the same problem while wearing our glasses in the Rift: the image is clear in the center, but has abberation which gets worse toward the edges of the screen. Colors get separated like this:

This is not the Rift's fault but due to the glasses, I know, but is there any way to compensate for this? It would be very nice if we could 'tune' the abberation compensation. Is this possible somehow (registry, configuration file, change a DLL, ...)?

brantlew
Adventurer
Personalized aberration tuning is not currently supported by the SDK or toolsets.

VRoaaar
Protege
Thank you for the reply.

spaztwitch
Explorer
@brantlew Not sure if this is the right place for it, but can the option for customized aberration tuning be exposed in a future release? I wear glasses that are not all that strong, and I definitely get some colour fringing away from the center of my view.

spaztwitch
Explorer
@brantlew Not sure if this is the right place for it, but can the option for customized aberration tuning be exposed in a future release? I wear glasses that are not all that strong, and I definitely get some colour fringing away from the center of my view.