cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Batman Arkham VR User Reviews

Shadowmask72
Honored Visionary
Please post your rating of this game taking into consideration fun factor, value for money, overall polish and using the following criteria if you have purchased/played the game:

5 Stars - Awesome Must Buy
4 Stars - Very Good Not essential.
3 Stars - Average 
2 Stars - Below Average

System Specs: MSI NVIDIA RTX 4090 , i5 13700K CPU, 32GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 11 64 Bit OS.
5 REPLIES 5

elrealchiqui
Heroic Explorer
If you're a Batman fan, I think this is a must-have. It is very beautiful and the game mechanics are very good with the Touch BUT please be aware that this is a very short experience.

It's not an action game, you are Batman conducting an investigation in Gotham City. You will see the Bat-Mobile but not drive it (and not even see the inside).

So, 4 stars, very good but not essential. Especially if you're not a huge fan of the Bat.

Daemon_Impulse
Explorer
It's nice and interesting but it ends just when the story started going somewhere. It's like it's only a demo, not a game or even a full "experience".

Also is it me or do the characters, background models and the "player scale" seem to be disproportionate with one another. I felt like the models looked like if they were tall children.

TickTock
Heroic Explorer

It's nice and interesting but it ends just when the story started going somewhere. It's like it's only a demo, not a game or even a full "experience".

Also is it me or do the characters, background models and the "player scale" seem to be disproportionate with one another. I felt like the models looked like if they were tall children.

That was my feeling, too.  I got more and more excited about the game  as I playing thinking it was really cool.  But once the intro finished and I realized that was actually the whole game it was a bit shocking.  Also, teasing you by asking which vehicle you want to take (Batmobile or Batcopter) but then not actually letting you pilot either just wasn't nice at all.
"I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."
 -Groucho Marx

JJJake
Explorer
Yup, all the shortcomings noted above are valid.  This REALLY coulda shoulda been longer, priced lower, more of this, less of that, etcetera, etecetra ... whatever.  STILL and despite my not being a huge Batman fan ---  I could not help but be engaged by this game.   No action, but GREAT immersive look and bookoo Easter Eggs.  Also, I'm a gamer who only very, very rarely chases a 100% score and trophy/rewards of in-game character models.   BUT with THIS game I have to confess that I was busted in my chase to unlock the model for Harley Quinn.  The Riddler's voice-over declares that I am "easily distracted by trivial rewards" and, yeah, I immediately choose the "View" option (rather than "Resume") in order to rush back to the Bat Cave to be rewarded with a 360 degree ogle of Ms. Quinn.  And coming face to face with the Joker there is very eerie cool ... especially when he pulls a gun on me ... and himself.  Going after The Croc next.  But (as indicated above) --- these models would be a LOT more "rewarding" if they were LARGER ... more life sized.

Bottom line: here's hoping that this Batman Arkham VR is to the subsequent Batman what Bullet Train was to Robo Recall.

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
I beat this, including all the Riddler puzzles (I had to cheat with 2 of the puzzles though, aww).

The good:
The setting is very dark and disturbing for a comic. Many key Batman moments were experienced with full immersion: watching super heroes fight up close, standing on the ledge of ridiculously high buildings, and plenty of gadget usage. The Joker - well done.

The bad:
I don't mind the Teleportation system, but it didn't really play a role in the game, it was just a mechanic. As opposed to Wilson's Heart and Damaged Core, where the teleportation is woven in to the gameplay and storyline. Also, with Batman I was disappointed to use my Grappling Hook but then "blink" to the location instead of actually traveling to it in real-time. Wasted opportunity; wasted gadget. Lastly: the Batcave. The environment-scale is way off which did kill my immersion.

The ugly:
While I am okay with the length of the gameplay and story, I thought it was very poor form to restart the entire story just to perform the Riddler unlocks. It became annoying having to go through the same dialogue sequences repeatedly, even after beating the game once, as Riddler clues are sought out.

With a bit of love and care this could be an epic experience. But I doubt much will change since this is primarily a console video game, and one thing that is clear... the console kiddies are overly forgiving with their praises of this game (e.g. no one mentioned that the Batcave scale was unnatural and unbelievable in terms of realism).

Unless the console fans raise their standards, then this will likely be a final product, which feels a shame considering what other titles have pulled off (e.g. Dead Secret).