cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't index finger point with left touch controller

zCatalyst
Explorer
I can't seem to use my index finger to point with my left touch controller, it doesn't seemed to work/detect. Not sure if it's a software or a hardware issue.
I have tried:
Reinstalling Oculus Software
Changing the batteries

Nothing seemed to work i just got the controllers few days ago.

Attached my diagnostic files.

Any help would be appreciated thanks alot.
264 REPLIES 264

Anderas
Protege
I´ve got the same problem. first it started with the left one and than with the right one. Sometimes I can point my index finger with the right controller. I´ve already contacted oculus support and after suggesting to replace the baterries they suggested a replace the controlers . I hope it is a software problem.
04-30-17 - the controllers are working again, everything is ok for my surprise. I hope thet don´t stop working again
04-30-17 - stopped working again, I can only point with the right controller and thumbs up with the left one.
it was working just fine, then I ran Disney VR movies and selected the beauty and the beast experience that uses touch controllers, so I noticed that they were not responding quite well again. That´s weird!

05-01-17- The controllers were working quite well last night, today gestures don´t work anymore.
Thet worked for 2 days, and now I can´t only point my finger with the right hand controller

zCatalyst
Explorer
Hey Anderas thanks for the reply, i have contacted oculus support they said they will get back to me soon.
My Oculus Touch Controller still doesn't work that sucks because i can't use it for Facebook spaces to point at things.

Anderas
Protege
yeah, it really sucks! My controllers stopped working again.

cybereality
Grand Champion
Best to submit a support ticket for cases like this. Thanks.
https://support.oculus.com
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

Anderas
Protege
Thanks, Cybereality.  The oculus support asked me to send the controllers for replacement. But oculus does not receive any package from Brazil, so I would have to send them to someone in USA, and I don´t know anyone in USA that can do this for me.  That´s why I´m waiting and trying to find a way to fix them. 
Yesterday night they were working pretty fine, today they are not. I´ve heard from a guy that his touch controllers' gestures went back to life after an oculus update. I hope this happens to me too!  :'( :'(

Anderas
Protege
Hey guys, I wanna share with you something very interesting that I've experienced.
I found out that when I play the Dead and Burried by Oculus Studio, the controlers gestures work pretty well ALL THE TIME, I mean, all gestures  work great, with not problems at all, I can thumbs up with both controllers and point my finger with both ones.
When I try the Touch tutorial, I noticed that when I take off my fingers from the trigger buttom, the controllers seem to "understand" that, but it seems that there is a problem with the finger point and thumbs up animations.
I think that maybe it´s not a hardware problem.
Here is a video that I made.
https://youtu.be/fd-hdGyhwzQ
I also opened a new support ticket with this new info.

Kirshaw
Expert Protege
I´ve posted a subject before see this one, and i have a similar problem, but with the right controller... also opened a support ticket and i also noticed that in tutorial the behaviour of the capacitive sensors ar normal

slaveyin
Honored Guest
You guys finally found a solution for this? im having the same issues as anderas, it works fine when i play dead and buried.

Anderas
Protege
Not yet, Slaveyin. I'm waiting for oculus support's feedback.