cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

orange light/nothing in headset/"guardian not working properly" notification

ezza
Protege
Was using the cv1 with touch controllers perfectly fine yesterday.
Today its telling me the guardian system isnt working at the moment and to click to read support article (which does nothing if i click)
So i go through the configure rift/sensor setup, i get to a part where i need to put the headset on to finish up and nothing.....

I have restarted the machine, backed out of the setup and still nothing, i tired superhot which shows up on my monitor but not the rift, just the orange light.

If i put on the headset/trigger the proximity sensor it gives me a fresh guardian notification with still no video in the headset.

any ideas or solutions? i will keep working on it and post up if i figure it out but so far kinda annoyed
40 REPLIES 40

Jay737
Protege
BLACK SCREEN :smiley:

Jay737
Protege
That's why it took so long.. sorry guys:)

ezza
Protege
i wont waste my time then haha
ok wish me luck

Jay737
Protege
@ ezza (or anybody with the same problem)
What's your PC specs?
Just curious as this might be hardware related.. 

ezza
Protege
i7 4770k
gtx 780 sli
8gb
windows 10

Jay737
Protege
Mine is: 
GTX 780 TI 🙂
8gb ram
win 7 64bit
Intel i7 2600K @ 3.4GHz
and most importantly Renesas USB controller on Gigabyte mobo..
I have a felling that this the core of my problem so I ordered the recommended Inateck addon USB 3 card which will arrive tomorrow so I'll keep u posted..

How did it go with your test..?

cybereality
Grand Champion
I don't think it has to do with the Nvidia driver. I just installed it and it seems fine for me.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

Jay737
Protege
Well I did repeat the proces twice with identical results. Rift dead after newest nvidia driver installed.
I don't know if there is a problem with the driver or something in my hardware not liking the new driver but at least we can narow and hunt this down..
Enybody had a luck with the solution abowe?

Sterling77
Rising Star
Its a Nvidia driver - i had a GTX760 4GB running everything smooth and stable - Steam and OcHm - Got a GTX 1060 and been trouble shooting ever since - almost about to pull the pin on whole thing. 

Log off and back on between unreal engine games - all the smaller games and apps seem fine. 

Idk i have tried so many settings and config options its becoming a painful experience. 

Maybe a good VR game " Running The Rift "
https://forums.oculus.com/community/discussion/52965/sterlings-sketchbook

ezza
Protege
I couldn't uninstall the Nvidia driver. I removed GeForce experience but when I tried to uninstall the driver it wouldn't let me.
I ended up trying what oculus support told me to do which didn't work either (remove all traces of oculus home and reinstall (agian)).
I'm struggling to figure out how to roll back the gpu drivers.
This is a night mare to say it was working perfectly fine previously.