cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus suddenly stopped detecting HDMI. Help please! :(

SirJungle
Explorer
I've used my Oculus CV1 since release with no problems. I got the touch controllers yesterday and was enjoying them last night. Today the hdmi isn't detecting. Only thing I did was download a VPN client, not a clue what the issue can be.

Of course I turned everything off and back on, disconnected and reconnected. Audio is coming out of the Oculus, but no video.  All devices are connected, HDMI has a red triangle next to it saying "Error." I click the Rift square and hover of the '?' next to the error icon, it says "No HDMI cable connected." 

Firmware version: 708/34a904e8da
18 REPLIES 18

KenSniper
Adventurer
You and I are having the exact same issue SirJungle, I just started having problems less than 24 hours ago with my computer not detecting the hdmi.

to get into detail, when it does connect, most games works but when i try to start certain games like robo recall, my rift itself get a poor tracking etc and the game wont start, and thats when i start hearing the usb disconnection sound etc  some other games works but so far Ive confirmed that only Robo Recall and Hotdogs horseshoe and handgrenade has this problem (sadly my two most favourite games are the ones with problems)

it happened out of the blue, like OP, I've disabled all the power management things, like SirJungle, I aint sure which driver to work with and where to get the right drivers, I've had my rift since September last year and the touch since february, I really hope it isnt damaged already, it's only been last than a year...

SirJungle
Explorer

Hmm.. I'm not sure which one it is exactly. Also, it's very possible the hardware has just become non-functional. Might be best to submit a support ticket. If it is the hardware, you may be eligible for replacement. Thanks.

Thanks for the help, just submitted a ticket. 

SirJungle
Explorer

KenSniper said:

You and I are having the exact same issue SirJungle, I just started having problems less than 24 hours ago with my computer not detecting the hdmi.

to get into detail, when it does connect, most games works but when i try to start certain games like robo recall, my rift itself get a poor tracking etc and the game wont start, and thats when i start hearing the usb disconnection sound etc  some other games works but so far Ive confirmed that only Robo Recall and Hotdogs horseshoe and handgrenade has this problem (sadly my two most favourite games are the ones with problems)

it happened out of the blue, like OP, I've disabled all the power management things, like SirJungle, I aint sure which driver to work with and where to get the right drivers, I've had my rift since September last year and the touch since february, I really hope it isnt damaged already, it's only been last than a year...

Well you're in a bit better place than I am, I can't get anything to show up on the Rift. I suggest creating a new discussion thread to try and troubleshoot the issue. I've received support and submitted a ticket to receive a replacement cable within 4 hours, they're quick. 

KenSniper
Adventurer
point taken, seems like it wasnt so similar after all, do update here whether that replacement cable did the trick or not! it may not be the exact same issue but im goiong through all possibilities

SirJungle
Explorer

KenSniper said:

point taken, seems like it wasnt so similar after all, do update here whether that replacement cable did the trick or not! it may not be the exact same issue but im goiong through all possibilities

Will do, good luck!

Sterling77
Rising Star
Run an Intel Existential usb 3.0 update - find out the MOBO provider and get the ones from there - or check your chip Gen and install that. 
https://forums.oculus.com/community/discussion/52965/sterlings-sketchbook

SirJungle
Explorer

Run an Intel Existential usb 3.0 update - find out the MOBO provider and get the ones from there - or check your chip Gen and install that. 

I'm unfamiliar with an Intel Existential usb 3.0 update, but my MOBO provider is Alienware as I'm working from an Alienware 15 laptop. I did the full Alienware drivers update, did that cover this type of update you're referring?  
Thanks!

Sterling77
Rising Star
http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/04/Drivers/DriversDetails?driverId=THK45
https://forums.oculus.com/community/discussion/52965/sterlings-sketchbook

SirJungle
Explorer
Got it working again after leaving it alone for a week and coming back to re-think about it. I decided to try my additional monitor in case it was my HDMI port on the graphics amplifier, it didn't work, good and bad news, Oculus good, but maybe a bad amplifier 😞

Realized when working with the Hololens I changed my display settings in Device Manager, reset them, did the Alienware drivers update again through there for good measure, and boom, success :smile:

Thanks for the help everyone!