Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1.1.1 Release Notes!

naycorn
Heroic Explorer

1.1.1 Release Notes

Summary:

Oculus.com/Medium improvements:

• Our website has a sleek new look and now showcases downloadable Sculpts and Recordings from Medium Artists!

• Video uploading/processing is much faster and much longer videos (45 min!) can now be uploaded on most connections.

Medium App improvements:

• Access to support mode returned to thumbstick by popular demand!

• Faster mesh decimation!

• Users can now export meshes in FBX format!

• Medium now has the option to export tangent space normal maps.

• Texture maps generated during exports are much better.

• Videos can now be previewed in VR.

• Lots of small bug fixes and improvements.

• Check out “Medium’s Export Pipeline” documentation in the forums for more information and help with exporting out of Medium.

Details:

• Oculus.com/Medium featured assets will be updated by the Medium team so keep checking back. Find something you think should be featured or have a recording, sculpt or stamp you think is awesome? Let us know on our Facebook page or on our forums!

• Support mode has returned to pulling back on the thumbstick and control panel is accessed by pressing the yellow button on the support hand.

• Medium produces tangent space normal maps when exporting a mesh.

• FBX file format is now an option when exporting a mesh.

• After recording a video you can now view a preview of it before sharing by navigating to the asset browser.

• Improved texture map baking when exporting, by improving quality of colors and normals

• Normal maps exported as PNGs are now 16 bits/channel

• Exported meshes now use the correct layer name in game engines.

• When exporting meshes with vertex color, the mesh quality is improved.

Bug fixing details:

• Fixed an issue with constrain-to-surface being inconsistent when symmetry plane is turned on.

• Capturing a video now shows duration during recording.

• Fixed a bug with the Clay tool’s guide line not appearing with constrain-to-line selected while using stamps

• Stamps Trad_18, Trad_23, Cloth Cockpit B and Cockpit C were fixed to remove artifacts.

• Fixed an issue with smudge tool not behaving consistently when used with symmetry

• Multithreaded asset loading during recordings so that they load in more quickly

• Fixed an error with how we were calculating the estimated triangle count that was causing it to be inaccurate.

• Checkmark and visible buttons in the layer menu have been adjusted so they are easier to see.

• Fixed a graphical bug where an empty window appeared floating below the user during startup .

• Fixed an issue with large multi-layer sculpts in which low res layers were decimated too much compared to high res layers causing loss of detail in the export. We now decimate each layer relative to its resolution to keep detail on lower resolution layers intact.

• Fixed a bug causing vertex normals in exported meshes to point in the wrong direction.

21 REPLIES 21

DeadlyJoe
Rising Star
I also noticed right away that you guys changed the Layer menu back to the original Joystick-Down switch instead of the Y-Button. I actually prefer the joystick to the Y-button, so approve of this change, but now I have to retrain my left thumb again. It doesn't know what to do with itself. :smile:

Anonymous
Not applicable
NICE! Exporting was my biggest problem recently, I can't wait to try the new version.

Sterling77
Rising Star
Im getting some sound static / like small sound clicking - Im about to check it again - how do you roll back to the earlier version if need be ? 

can we get the option of import .fbx into medium ? 

Thanks awesome medium 
https://forums.oculus.com/community/discussion/52965/sterlings-sketchbook

johnboyjr
Protege

Im getting some sound static / like small sound clicking - Im about to check it again - how do you roll back to the earlier version if need be ? 

Thanks awesome medium 

You can not roll back

Sterling77
Rising Star

johnboyjr said:

Thanks awesome medium 

You can not roll back

Awesome thanks 
https://forums.oculus.com/community/discussion/52965/sterlings-sketchbook

P3nT4gR4m
Consultant
New export options are sick. Sick I tells ya! Just ran a mesh into UE4 via .fbx and it worked a treat.

q7rykingfmt7.jpg

Only tiny critique would be that the layers menu is a toggle now and the yellow button is hold. Personally I'd have that the other way around.

ctuchik
Protege
"Check out “Medium’s Export Pipeline” documentation in the forums for more information and help with exporting out of Medium."

Where is this document?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Users can now export meshes in FBX format!

Hot damn! Guess I'm gonna have to finally start doing some proper work with my sculpts in Maya now! 😄

Oculus.com/Medium featured assets will be updated by the Medium team so keep checking back. Find something you think should be featured or have a recording, sculpt or stamp you think is awesome? Let us know on our Facebook page or on our forums!
If I start uploading some of my older sculpts where would you prefer us to post links? It might be worth added a new 'Announcement' to the forum for people to submit their sculpts to be featured. (and remove some of the old announcements you have there 😉 )

p.s. who sculpted the new banner on the website? It's awesome! 

cybercyrus90
Adventurer
Thank you for the update, and thank you for your brilliant software!! 
9qivjucgvphr.png