Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VR is Officially Mainstream (??)

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
Moments ago during the NBA playoffs, I just saw this commercial on prime TV:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JThGXfQ8Gqw

First of all, that commercial is badass. Second... yeah, I think this confirms the Mainstream nature of the VR Industry.

37 REPLIES 37

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
My grammar has taken a nose dive this year. Big thimes

elboffor
Consultant
I'm the last person in the world to call anyone out on spelling or grammar. This is due to the volume of typing errors I make.

But I think you will find that you incorrectly used that second comma. It should read: "Come zenbane, everyone has high hopes for you. Officially is spelt with 2 Ls not 1.".

There are several other amendments that could be made, but due to regional differences they may not be incorrect.

This is my forum signature.
There are many others like it, but this is mine.

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

elboffor said:

"Come Zenbane, everyone has high hopes for you. Officially is spelt with 2 L's not 1."

Yes this would be the grammatically correct version of that statement. A+ hot stuff

(the period was left off the last statement intentionally)

GenetixStudio
Superstar
That was pretty awesome, good things continue to come!

Calmfixup
Heroic Explorer
That commercial was great! Also, @kojack , I like how even just the sight of an ostrich immediately made you wonder what it would taste like as jerky. You're truly one of the greats of our time, never let the man hold you down.

DarkTenka
Trustee

kojack said:

While Rocket Man is a great song (especially the WIlliam Shatner version), it seems a bit too, umm, mornful? They need something more energetic. Imagine it with Queen's Don't Stop Me Now (the lyrics fit the action way better) or Steppenwolf's Magic Carpet Ride. Or for a more modern flying related song Can't Stop Won't Stop's Scrape The Sky.

Anyway... I don't know about ostriches, but emus taste great. I sometimes get emu jerky from Woolworths. So good!
(Just don't get a cassowary confused with an emu (they're related). Emu: makes good jerky, tastes like beef. Cassowary: can run 31mph, leap 5 feet in the air and has murdered humans with clawed jump kicks to the throat and stomach)

I'm more partial to Kangaroo meat myself. I last used it to make Teriyaki Kangaroo Stir-fry with Mi-Gooreng noodles. I don't know what it is about Roo meat, it's like beef but it has this extra tangy kick to it that is just awesome. Also aparently healthier .. according to..  something I read..  somewhere..  at some point...

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
On more than one occasion, I have eaten Ostrich burgers at a Texas Hamburger joint called, Fuddruckers.

There, I said it.

DarkTenka
Trustee
Maybe they can make a Kangaroo VR Commercial, where the Kangaroo puts on a GearVR and experiences .. walking normal .. or .. not getting hit by cars.

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
Or the Kangaroo is boxing the sheit out of Iron Mike Tyson (in his prime)!

DarkTenka
Trustee

Zenbane said:

Or the Kangaroo is boxing the sheit out of Iron Mike Tyson (in his prime)!

I'm sure japanese animal activists will get it banned. We will have to settle with having a bear or a panda.