Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VR is Officially Mainstream (??)

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
Moments ago during the NBA playoffs, I just saw this commercial on prime TV:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JThGXfQ8Gqw

First of all, that commercial is badass. Second... yeah, I think this confirms the Mainstream nature of the VR Industry.

37 REPLIES 37

kojack
MVP
MVP
I've tried kangaroo, but didn't really like it. Crocodile isn't bad. Shark is pretty damn nice. Camel burgers are good too.

Ostrich:
oq794g57wfe1.jpg

Emu:
t3cajchm83j1.jpg

Cassowary:
rlobucnflhis.gif

The moral of the story, if an ostrich uses a GearVR, then an emu would be a CV1 fan (just look at the intelligence in it's eyes!).
And a cassowary is too busy kicking people to death to bother with VR. Although it might enjoy Superhot.

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
I love that the Cassowary is (clearly) a huge Horror VR fan.

I think I saw this particular Cassowary in the Seance app that released in the Oculus store last week 😮

Calmfixup
Heroic Explorer

kojack said:

I've tried kangaroo, but didn't really like it. Crocodile isn't bad. Shark is pretty damn nice. Camel burgers are good too.

Ostrich:
oq794g57wfe1.jpg

Emu:
t3cajchm83j1.jpg

Cassowary:
rlobucnflhis.gif

The moral of the story, if an ostrich uses a GearVR, then an emu would be a CV1 fan (just look at the intelligence in it's eyes!).
And a cassowary is too busy kicking people to death to bother with VR. Although it might enjoy Superhot.

Cassowary's look like a peacock and an emu dropped acid and had a baby, then it was raised by velociraptors.

Sax-a-boom
Rising Star
The advert is a good start, there needs to be more, a lot more. The trouble is nothing is going to let people know what VR is like until they actually try it for themselves. I remember when the major satellite broadcaster in the UK (Sky) was advertising the fact they were now streaming HD content. This was at a time when the majority of people didn't have a HD TV, so were watching the advert on an SD TV. Over the course of about 18 months you could see Sky struggling with how to get that message across when they couldn't actually show them what it was like. It's the same problem now for VR. The adverts will get people talking, but it's up to us owners to be willing to actively promote to family, friends and neighbours, and open our doors to let them try it out for themselves. I do it as much as I can and I have generated sales from people who have had that 'oh wow' moment, followed by how much and where from. Actually it would be nice if Oculus offered an incentive scheme for owners who generate a referral that leads to a sale.

CrashFu
Consultant
I've seen so many shows reference the Oculus Rift.

Like, any of you guys Mystery Science Theater fans?  Checked out the new season (with the new cast)?   They make an Oculus Rift joke like, once per episode.  Either one of the show's writers is obsessed with VR or somebody at Facebook paid them to do some name-dropping, lol.
It's hard being the voice of reason when you're surrounded by unreasonable people.

elboffor
Consultant
Good vr add.
Fat ugly bloke getting it on with some fine piece of ass
Propper going for it then at the point of climax he takes off the headset
This is my forum signature.
There are many others like it, but this is mine.

inovator
Consultant
Great commercial!. Commercials on vr are becoming more and more common. I love sony vr commercials on the upcoming triple a game farpoint.

Sterling77
Rising Star
Sony and capcom sold 200,000 psvr units and res7 getting super close to mainstream !
https://forums.oculus.com/community/discussion/52965/sterlings-sketchbook

Zenbane said:

Moments ago during the NBA playoffs, I just saw this commercial on prime TV:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjKd24UCPYY

First of all, that commercial is badass. Second... yeah, I think this confirms the Mainstream nature of the VR Industry.

Rod Hull would be so happy with this advert.

Yes, i know he was an emu!

Big PC, all the headsets, now using Quest 3

kojack said:

But where does that leave Orville?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2c8PUVIKgI4

Big PC, all the headsets, now using Quest 3