cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how can i redirect games to save on a different hard drive ?

djmb3
Honored Guest
when attempting to save a game it stated i must clear some space from my ssd main hard drive as it reached it limit. i did think of simply moving my currents games to a another folder within a different drive and moving them around as i wanted to play them or has anyone got a better option ?

Thanks guys 
5 REPLIES 5

Artist3d
Explorer
I came across this set of instructions related to backing up and re-installing your apps... it may hold some clues for you:

"How to Backup App Data Before Uninstalling Oculus
If you need to uninstall Oculus for any reason, your games and apps will also be uninstalled with it unless you backup your app data.

To backup app data:
Close the Oculus App.
Open the Programs/Oculus folder (located in the drive that Oculus is installed to).
In the Oculus folder, locate the Redistributables folder and copy this directory to a backup location.
In the Oculus folder, open the Software section and locate the canonical-name folders*. Copy this directory to a backup location but do not copy the "StoreAssets" directory.
In the Oculus folder, open the Manifests section and locate the canonical-name.json files.* Copy this directory to a backup location but do not copy file names that end in _assets.json.

*Important: Replace "canonical-name" with the package name for the app you wish to backup (e.g., oculus-henry).
Once this is done, you can uninstall the Oculus software (this will delete the entire Oculus folder).
After uninstalling, you can reinstall OculusSetup.exe and restore your games and apps from your backup location.
To restore from backup:
Close the Oculus App.
Open the Oculus folder (located in the drive that Oculus is installed to).
Copy the Redistributables folder from your backup location into the Oculus folder (example: C:\Program Files\Oculus).
Copy the canonical-name folders from your backup location into the Software section of the Oculus folder (example: C:\Program Files\Oculus\Software).
Copy the canonical-name.json files from your backup location into the Manifests section of the Oculus folder (example: C:\Program Files\Oculus\Manifests).
Restart the Oculus App through the settings:
Open the Oculus App, select the gear icon on the upper right.
Select Settings.
Select Beta from the menu on the left.
Click Restart Oculus.
Your apps should now be available under "Installed" in your Library."

cybereality
Grand Champion
You can reinstall the Oculus app and choose a different hard drive. See this article for how to backup your games before you uninstall.
https://support.oculus.com/help/oculus/1715420212071737
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

Anonymous
Not applicable
As you do know Cybereality this only works for the 1.8 onwards Install Program Runtimes but not for any previous to these even though they can all be using Auto-Updates to latest version. This is due to the harassing SSE4.2 cpu check which does not allow an Install if it does not see a i5/i7. This needs fixing immediately please. In fact non-hypthereaded cpus (XEONs) are found to work better in some ways than your recommended cpu. Just as USB2 is actually better than USB3 which I now use and get the screen door effect and god rays and did NOT with USB2.

Calmfixup
Heroic Explorer

MAC_MAN86 said:

Just as USB2 is actually better than USB3 which I now use and get the screen door effect and god rays and did NOT with USB2.

...not quite sure how using USB 2.0 could have any effect on the screen door effect or god rays...care to elaborate?

Sax-a-boom
Rising Star

Calmfixup said:

MAC_MAN86 said:

Just as USB2 is actually better than USB3 which I now use and get the screen door effect and god rays and did NOT with USB2.

...not quite sure how using USB 2.0 could have any effect on the screen door effect or god rays...care to elaborate?

Me 2 on that comment, that's the most ridiculous thing I've heard in 2017 :smile: