cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Medium Releases & Updates

naycorn
Heroic Explorer
Welcome to Oculus Medium! Medium uses Touch controllers to let you sculpt, model, paint, and play in virtual reality.

Please post all questions and feedback to this forum. 

You can share your sculpts with us! Find the Medium team @OculusMedium on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.

Happy sculpting!

Latest Update: 

Medium 2.3.3 Release Notes

km9xq0tlhhdu.png

Fixes:

• Fixed an occasional crash when selecting a Scene Graph node that didn't have an action menu (ie. the Grid node)

258 REPLIES 258

Sterling77
Rising Star
@P3nT4gR4m thanks for the reply - 
Regarding 01 - Can you lock the mirror down, or recenter it back to the model previous 
Can you snap the model to 0 and then snap the mirror plane to 0 if not that would be a great solution 🙂 
https://forums.oculus.com/community/discussion/52965/sterlings-sketchbook

P3nT4gR4m
Consultant
Agreed, it would be a great solution but for now snapping models anywhere isn't a thing. You just need to work around it. Breaking symmetry is pretty much a one-way street for Medium. It's a popular ask, tho, along with the usual kind of snap and alignment options. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

04 - Can you move the VR recorded avatar person closer to the center or is it always over to the right. 

16 - Masking = epic lol 🙂 
17 - MOVE tool !! this should be the most requested 

4 is possible, when a recorded video is playing, there is a video control window on your palette hand and there is an icon there that allows you to move the recorded avatar and his sculpt.

16-17 Yes please, I would even say that it's hard to imagine the second without the first being there (moving things within a sphere with a falloff might already be some progress but would still be quite limiting).

Anonymous
Not applicable
My Top 6:
- Move/Deform Tool in addition to the smudge Tool.
- pinch Tool
- Color Picking from reference pictures!!!
- instead of the line helper a freely customizable curve helper would be nice. 
- Stamps/Textures for Painting!!
- Normal/Bumpmap Painting!!

Due to the Fact that the"rendering" is done directly in the engine and the quality will never reach production quality that way, I guess glass shaders would be nice but not necessary just like more than one lights.I would rather keep the good performance and keep medium what is is... a sculptig tool.

Sterling77
Rising Star
For sure texture painting would amazing - Maybe a Second phase interface would be good - as in move from the Volume based sculpt into a topology based subdivided scene - I think then flexibility could grow and adding things like texture painting and normal map painting could work.

This could also relieve the VDB volume based memory into a delayed load based geo into the scene, as for auto UV this would be the same as Zbrushes grid map or polypaint. @NickOh73 when i say Production, i'm referring to a pipeline based workflow as mediums uses are focused on roughing out sculpts and then moving this geo to another package for final retopo or previs concept ideation.

As for rendering in engine sure if that's possible to add reflections and refractions Indirect light, SSS and so cool but this isn't something i'm hanging out for - as Zbrush has great rendering workflow, they moved to Keyshot for a reason - to get your models into a production environment fast 🙂 

P3nT4gR4m
Consultant

NickOh73 said:

Due to the Fact that the"rendering" is done directly in the engine and the quality will never reach production quality that way, I guess glass shaders would be nice but not necessary just like more than one lights.I would rather keep the good performance and keep medium what is is... a sculptig tool.

Totally agree. Full blown production rendering is the art of watching a busy pointer for hours on end. As anyone who's exported a big model from Medium will know by now - busy pointers are the VR equivalent of waterboarding, ebola and catching your wang in your zipper all rolled into one and served up with a side order of your cat just died.

Sterling77
Rising Star
On the production render note - In engine referring to Unreal has amazing In Engine rendering all real time and some post fx, so i think its not Impossible, and really would be a great step for Medium, why not do a deal with Marmoset ! its a render engine that really used for viewing a model and that's about it, Could be a really good move in the future just like Zbrush and Keyshot you could have Medium and Marmoset. 

Sterling77
Rising Star
It seems there is an issue with import geometry in medium - is there any update on the fix ? 

Martinity
Heroic Explorer
I would love to be able to import high resolution obj's. I've tried to import 3D scanned humans as reference for anatomy sculpt studies, but as a stamp it's way too low res.

MattHickman
Rising Star
We're continuing to work on fixing the current import issues as well as broader import support. We'll have more to announce on both fronts down the road.