cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wilson's Heart gameplay

phillyd023
Expert Protege
Been playing this game for about 30 minutes and can truly say I am not having fun yet. I am limited to a couple spots I can stand .... I can lean too far either way or the games blurs the vision, meaning you pick up a book and move to the next spot. I am actually bored as hell right now. stuck in a hallway near the receptionists desk and all doors are locked.

Can anyone confirm if the game gets better or not?
31 REPLIES 31

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

Pablito said:

Look Zenbane, teleport or not- I'm the consumer, and my options to choose what's best for me have gone airy yet again for the 1,000th time. 

Then stop being a consumer and become a content maker. Beggers can't be choosers.

Pablito said:

I almost bought the Batman app.  It looked way cool.  Then I saw the teleport crap and choose to assume no other mobility option was available.  I could be totally wrong in thinking it is the only option of movement, but I'm not willing to chance it any longer. 

The Internet removes the need for guessing. One Google search reveals that Batman VR (previously a PlayStation VR Exclusive) is Teleport-only movement. It doesn't help to be "pro-choice" if you aren't actually making informed decisions.

Pablito said:

Any misconceptions about this teleport only stool can be immediately cleared up buy simply looking into PSVR, you know, the one who's HMD sales are currently leading the whole market after entering the race dead last!

You just proved your own argument wrong... because PSVR was praised for a Teleport-only exclusive: Batman VR.

kgian76
Expert Protege
Wilson's heart is great and reminds me of old point and click adventures (of which I have played many over the years). 

Pablito
Heroic Explorer
Ok. Sounds good.  Oculus, and everyone involved,  lose money!

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
Sony didn't lose money with their Teleport only game.

vannagirl
Consultant
Really dislike the word Cancer for really not that important things

Cancer = humanitys scourge 

Locomotion = a choice of gameplay
Look, man. I only need to know one thing: where they are. 

Elias24601
Protege
I know this might really shock the meta which is established on any post exceeding three comments but I am going to go back to the OP and say I have really enjoyed Wilson's Heart.

For the first hour I agree that the immersed part of my brain kept reaching and moving me into the surrounding blur.  Then my brain sorted it out and just stood still.  What comes next is pretty spectacular (intended or not by the devs).  It modified my basic fear response, "fight-or-flight"... with my "flight" option taken away all I could do was stand in horror and have to "fight."  Count me among the easily scared of the world.  I don't even know what possessed me to buy a horror game like this in the first place.  But I am loving it.  Loving it in small expletive filled "nope" sessions.

Truly each time I take the HMD off I vow not to return but at this point I'm plot committed.  Keep at it.

Pablito
Heroic Explorer

I know this might really shock the meta which is established on any post exceeding three comments but I am going to go back to the OP and say I have really enjoyed Wilson's Heart.

For the first hour I agree that the immersed part of my brain kept reaching and moving me into the surrounding blur.  Then my brain sorted it out and just stood still.  What comes next is pretty spectacular (intended or not by the devs).  It modified my basic fear response, "fight-or-flight"... with my "flight" option taken away all I could do was stand in horror and have to "fight."  Count me among the easily scared of the world.  I don't even know what possessed me to buy a horror game like this in the first place.  But I am loving it.  Loving it in small expletive filled "nope" sessions.

Truly each time I take the HMD off I vow not to return but at this point I'm plot committed.  Keep at it.

Ok!!  If Elias24601 says he's able to endure the limitations of this game solely based on the fact that the story has pulled him in... fine!  I'm gonna spend my 40 bucks and get this travesty and swallow my own sack!  I'll do this in faith to show my support for Oculus.  I looked at its rating and it is appearing to be quite decisive.  Ok....

SadGamerDad
Heroic Explorer
If anyone wants to be spoiled check my series play through out on my Youtube channel. Despite the initial frustrations with the movement and blurring/pausing as I got deeper into the game I found myself understanding the movement helps to tell a story and help inexperienced players. I would however, Love a free roam and room scale option should that ever happen.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDpZhdwu6ykpGOxbCGNQ9gUId64PsGitE

oqvist
Honored Guest
Hard game to judge. The blink teleport system plus you only interact with items required to solve the puzzles  mean every puzzle is spoiled already pretty much. Solution never more then an arm lengths away you will solve puzzles without having any idea how. Getting thrown in a boss scene it was just experimental how they wanted me to solve it so okay I lie there is still some puzzle solving 🙂 The nice thing with the system is that nobody should ever have to be completly stuck.

Not like Obduction which have tons of unlogical puzzles or Ethan Carter that have puzzles that require some insane memory skills. I do like the fluid progress make it more like running an interactive movie where they can really direct the camera angles so it´s not all bad at all.

However for a VR title and not being able to interact with the world other then specific high lighted items you do loose quite a bit what makes VR special. Should have so that in the sweetspots all physical objects is touchable at least and you may have to figure out what is important. I can live with blinking and not having the entire levels rendered just jump between roomscale areas to keep pacing and allow for efficient jump scares 😄 

Something like Lone Echo where you can interact with everything and of course move freely has it´s own charm though that´s for sure. I am the first to despise teleportation in traditional fps games. 

Some hours in and I am still very much hooked by the story and where it will take me. Excellent voice acting I am all but boored with it despite the self solving nature of it. 

oqvist
Honored Guest
The blink teleport system plus you only interact with items required to solve the puzzles  mean every puzzle is spoiled already pretty much. Solution never more then an arm lengths away you will solve puzzles without having any idea how. Getting thrown in a boss scene it was just experimental how they wanted me to solve it so okay I lie there is still some puzzle solving. The nice thing with the system is that nobody should ever have to be completly stuck.

Not like Obduction which have tons of unlogical puzzles or Ethan Carter that have puzzles that require some insane memory skills. I do like the fluid progress make it more like running an interactive movie where they can really direct the camera angles so it´s not all bad at all.

However for a VR title and not being able to interact with the world other then specific high lighted items you do loose quite a bit what makes VR special. Should have so that in the sweetspots all physical objects is touchable at least and you may have to figure out what is important. I can live with blinking and not having the entire levels rendered just jump between roomscale areas to keep pacing and allow for efficient jump scares. 

Something like Lone Echo where you can interact with everything and of course move freely has it´s own charm though that´s for sure. I am the first to despise teleportation in traditional fps games but set camera in horror/adventure games can be efficient.. 

Some hours in and I am still very much hooked by the story and where it will take me. Excellent voice acting I am all but boored with it despite the self solving nature of it. Maybe because. I don´t really enjoy Obduction tbh.