cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor choppy performance

sergiy
Explorer
The Oculus support is poor if you have performance issues on Oculus branded relatively new Alienware computer. About a month ago, out of the blue (maybe after some driver updates), the VR started to pause for about 200ms to 1s. The whole state is obviously not playable; yet, there appears to be no solution. Support team got me jumping through hoops: submitting logs, video clips, plugging/re-plugging, and re-installing, but not making any progress. I wonder how this experience stacks up to HTC Vive?
15 REPLIES 15

SinusoidDelta
Explorer
DongOculus and sergiy, that sounds pretty much identical to the tracking problems I was having. In my case reinstalling oculus seems to have fixed it, at least for the time being. My problems also started after the last update, no changes to my PC were made before the problem started. 

DongOculus
Honored Guest
FIXED!! ..   a guy was having trouble with his Vive. He posted a video and bingo! Go to your motherboard makers website - mine was ASUS - and update your USB drivers. Ensure the USB3 drivers are correctly installed. worked for me anyways 🙂

sergiy
Explorer
Not fixed ... I've updated all the USB drivers just in case. No change in the choppiness. It has been now about 2-3 months with this issue. The support from Oculus is by far not stellar. I can't imagine the same level of problems with any other device and no solution or replacement for months of working with them. 

VRoaaar
Protege
Are you running Avast anti-virus? If so, remove it. It caused a lot of trouble on my PC.

sergiy
Explorer
Nope, no Avast, just the regular Windows 10 Defender.

sergiy
Explorer
Oculus people are now asking me to make pictures of my setup. 🙂 They are lost or dragging their feet ... It has been over a month of talking with support with a couple dozen messages, making movies through my device, running logging apps, reinstalling Oculus, updating all sorts of drivers, sending receipts, pictures of the device, QR code on the device, and even checking that I have a current credit card associated with them. I can't imagine what they would have done if this device were in my mom's hands!