cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus setup tool can't connect to server

AlanLiu
Explorer
It displays "Looks like we can't reach the Oculus server. Please check your connection.". I'm in China. Does Oculus limit the countries/regions which can connect to server.
55 REPLIES 55

Eric0wns916
Honored Guest

Be carfull oculus setup can't work if your C: partition is on DYNAMIC mode . i use EaseUS partition master (pro version) for change my partition mode ( Basic MBR ) .

This was exactly my issue. EaseUS worked like a charm. Soon as I switched it to a Basic disk it installed right away. I never would have thought of this if not for you. Thanks!!!

cygnusx7
Honored Guest
I had this cannot connect to server issue first time setting up a rift on win7 64bit. Proceeding with Timothy3.14's fix worked for me.
This thread comes up first in a google search so I felt like I should share what fixed the issue on my system.

Please note: this is what was required for my win7 64bit system.
By updating to KB2858728 the Oculus setup software indicated my system needed KB2670838
and KB3033929 to proceed with setup.

Every system is in a different state of updates. I know I am guilty of falling behind on mine.

Oculus Rift is an incredible experience in Assetto Corsa.

przecinek
Rising Star
Case of 5gb of free space needed. It's been over a year since (topic created in March 2016) and I see that the incorrect message still hasn't been fixed ... good job Oculus. 

birito76
Honored Guest
I have tried all of the above except for chaging my disk from dynamic to basic.  I would have to reinstall my OS. right? 

jilay_pandya
Honored Guest
Worked for me finally as well after uninstalling all the previous oculus related software items and having 5.5GB of free space on C:\ drive

goldrush76
Protege
I tried the host file edit first and then saw the free space issue mentioned. Freeing up enough space on C:\ resolved the problem.

RemyJesse
Honored Guest
I tried EVERYTHING on this list. In the end I kept feeling that it was the disk space issue even though I had over 6 GB's of free space on my my C:\ drive. This because I felt the installer didnt't even try to connect with anything. It went straight to no connection every time. So I decided to free up some more space and when I had 7.5 Gb's... It worked! So keep in mind that the 5GB's might not be enough for everybody, or maybe the data to be downloaded is bigger nowadays. Go for 10 GB if you want to be sure!

MainFragger
Protege
If its strictly a space issue, I have close to 16 gigs, and I am still getting the error.  I am going to try to do updates on Win10 right now to see if that helps.  Because otherwise, none of this makes sense to me...

MainFragger
Protege
OK..so, I have 16 Gbytes of space, I turned off all firewalls and virus protection, and it still doesn't work.  I can tell its never even getting to a point where it is installing software.  After I agree to the terms of service, it immediately gives me the error.  I checked, and nothing new actually installs on my system.

HTCVIVEISBETTER
Honored Guest
  1. I wanted to download this for revive to play lone echo, but I am having the same issue as MainFragger. This is starting to make me hate oculus even more. This is just so fucking un user friendly and just annoying. Can anyone please tell me if I am doing something wrong because I see most people and they download it just fine.