cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Medium Modelling

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello Guys,

is there a possibilty in oculus medium to create a exactly model built with 3 cubes for example which fits perfect together (edge on edge, area on area)? Because i want to build some components for my 3D printer which had to be acurate straight and not skew or oblique. With the touch its not possible even if i work precisely to built a straigth line of cubes or globes for example.

thanks
4 REPLIES 4

Anonymous
Not applicable
not really, if its components then you need sub mm accuracy that you won't get with Medium, it's similar to Zbrush where its about sculpting.

There are better suited pieces of software for accurate 3D modelling. If you've never done any 3D modelling I'd recommend TinkerCAD: https://www.tinkercad.com/ It's very easy to use but it's quite a simple program.

If you want to get more in-depth but with a bigger learning curve I'd recommend OnShape(I use this for my 3D print designs): onshape.com

What are you trying to design I can maybe help.

Anonymous
Not applicable

FrozenPea said:

not really, if its components then you need sub mm accuracy that you won't get with Medium, it's similar to Zbrush where its about sculpting.

There are better suited pieces of software for accurate 3D modelling. If you've never done any 3D modelling I'd recommend TinkerCAD: https://www.tinkercad.com/ It's very easy to use but it's quite a simple program.

If you want to get more in-depth but with a bigger learning curve I'd recommend OnShape(I use this for my 3D print designs): onshape.com

What are you trying to design I can maybe help.

support these programs VR/Oculus Rift?

I want to load a CAD-File into the VR Realm, and the i want to build a gadget oder appliance around this CAD-Model. And this gadget should be printed in 3D.

icvox83e6a8o.png

Anonymous
Not applicable
There isn't any CAD software in VR at the moment, you'll have to stick with a monitor for now 🙂

CAD is more like 2D drawing anyway so it doesn't lend itself to VR as well as 'sculpting' like in Medium.

MattHickman
Rising Star
We're working on precision tools and such but like Frozen said, it's not going to be CAD, just adding precision to your modeling.