cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't index finger point with left touch controller

zCatalyst
Explorer
I can't seem to use my index finger to point with my left touch controller, it doesn't seemed to work/detect. Not sure if it's a software or a hardware issue.
I have tried:
Reinstalling Oculus Software
Changing the batteries

Nothing seemed to work i just got the controllers few days ago.

Attached my diagnostic files.

Any help would be appreciated thanks alot.
264 REPLIES 264

cybereality
Grand Champion
Best thing to speak with us on the support ticket and see if replacement is an option. You can also post your LogGatherer logs here so I can take a look to. 
https://forums.oculus.com/community/discussion/33792/how-to-get-logs-for-bug-reports-for-consumer-ri...
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

Anderas
Protege
REPLACEMENT??? How many times will we have to replace our controllers? Forever???

Kirshaw
Expert Protege

Best thing to speak with us on the support ticket and see if replacement is an option. You can also post your LogGatherer logs here so I can take a look to. 
https://forums.oculus.com/community/discussion/33792/how-to-get-logs-for-bug-reports-for-consumer-ri...

Hi Cyber, i already sent the logs to support and they don´t have a clue about whats happening, replacing the touchs is not viable for me as i bought through amazon outside usa... But previous users that replaced them were unable to solve that problem too; the odd behaviour of touches seems to be software based, as it works fine within games...
I´ll post my log here in order to help the community to solve this Puzzle!

Kirshaw
Expert Protege
Just to be clear about the issue, i only started to use the touch by end of march, it worked fine till end of april, same period that other users seems to experience the same problem

cybereality
Grand Champion
Sorry, I don't see much in those logs that would point to the issue.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

Kirshaw
Expert Protege

Sorry, I don't see much in those logs that would point to the issue.

Yeah i would not expect to show something too, don´t believe it´s faulty hardware... i´ts like the finger positions are locked in one position by software variables state. Sometimes it´s unocked by pressing or touching another button, at least it´s how is happening to me

Ernimus_Prime
Heroic Explorer
RMA sounds like the only option now. 
ASUS TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI), Ryzen 7 3700x, 16 gigs ram DDR-4 3600 MHZ. SSD XPG 8200 pro 1 TB. WD Black 4 TB. Windows 10 PRO 64-bit. MSI VENTUS 3 RTX 3080 OC, Primary: MSI MAG274QRF-QD 2nd monitor: Acer Predator XG270HU 1440p@144 hz, Phanteks Enthoo Pro case. Corsair rm750x PSU. Rift S.

Kirshaw
Expert Protege

e_m_d88 said:

That´s the support official position, but zCatalyst made RMA and did no solve the question, Anderas replaced the touch AND the whole system build and nothing, still experiencing the problem

Anderas
Protege

Kirshaw said:

e_m_d88 said:

That´s the support official position, but zCatalyst made RMA and did no solve the question, Anderas replaced the touch AND the whole system build and nothing, still experiencing the problem

Agree with you!

Anderas
Protege
I took these pictures to show you guys the gestures' issue I'm having with these brand new outstanding Oculus touch controllers.  😕
The controllers were on the table as you can see in the picture below, I was not touching them when I took the print screens

1)
jxn8vd3h5zni.jpg
2) Running Dead and Buried, the right index finger points straight as it is supposed to do.

fpi928os0254.png

3) But running Facebook Spaces, it doesn't point straight ahead.

7pu03j1gnt3b.png

I opened another support ticket and I really hope they do not mention anything about replacement.