cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If you wear glasses - ways around it?

superkermit
Honored Guest
https://vr-lens-lab.com/

No more hassle with glasses that don’t fit. Let your VR headset wear glasses so you don’t have to.

I was thinking of getting my eyes tested (just for the Oculus use) and getting a set of custom made in between lenses to fir on the rift.

Is this company the only one that does it?

Any other options?
26 REPLIES 26

lensmandave
Superstar
You need the prescription that gives you good distance vision. I am short sighted (without my specs anything beyond about 14 inches is blurred) so I went with the prescription for my everyday glasses ( driving, walking about etc) . Hope that helps.
Cheers, 
Dave
Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.5GHz. Asus-Z170-PRO MB - Nvidia RTX 3080 ti - 16GB DDR4 2666MHZ HYPERX SAVAGE.

Bigtime88
Protege
I use vr lens lab lens. I have varifocal lens glasses as my close up and distance vision is fecked. With the lens lab lens fitted to my Rift the picture quality is perfect and I don't notice any distortion. I also use contact lens for sports & gym etc but the lens are better for sure

Chazmeister
Rising Star
I currently wear contacts to use with my Rift. Does using these fit in lenses create any extra glare or do they steam up in between the lenses? Would be nice not to have to worry about putting in contacts as I get dry eye too, especially if I'm a bit tired and it often seems like a waste of a set of lenses if I just want to wear them to play for an hour or two.

I'm leaning more towards those vr-lens.eu ones, as I've not been overly impressed with what I've received from the VR Lens Lab so far as regards their covers and replacement interfaces. The quality and fit has been quite variable.

superkermit
Honored Guest
A great forum btw. My rift arrives in about a week 🙂

superkermit
Honored Guest

I have a set of the lenses from VR Lens Labs, so here are my 10 cents on them:

They are a little loose inside the headset, you'll have to make sure they are in place when you put on/remove the headset. They include some rubber "spacers" but I don't think they help a ton. MUCH better than my glasses. I've read a few reviews of the lenses though that talk about distortion, I don't see it myself, but I don't have a very strong prescription.

There is supposedly a 3d printed clip type thing you can have made too, but I am have any direct experience.

Found one reseller on ebay, anyone know any others?

superkermit
Honored Guest
I found the 3d clip on ebay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Oculus-Rift-Adapter-Frame-for-VR-Lens-Lab-Lenses-/142391930424

Has anyone ordered one?

Should I get my optometrist to make the lenses instead of VR labs and have them fit the 3d printed ebay thing ?

superkermit
Honored Guest

I currently wear contacts to use with my Rift. Does using these fit in lenses create any extra glare or do they steam up in between the lenses? Would be nice not to have to worry about putting in contacts as I get dry eye too, especially if I'm a bit tired and it often seems like a waste of a set of lenses if I just want to wear them to play for an hour or two.

I'm leaning more towards those vr-lens.eu ones, as I've not been overly impressed with what I've received from the VR Lens Lab so far as regards their covers and replacement interfaces. The quality and fit has been quite variable.

Have you ordered the EU lenses to compare?

Fabface
Honored Guest
Hey guys - I am the one selling these adapter frames for the vr-lens-lab lenses, linked by superkermit (thanks for that). I guess I don't need to tell how bad the vr-lens-lab adapters are, but I am actually very happy with the lenses themselves - so one day I made this adapter for myself, showed it on a closed forum and received quite some interest in purchasing them - so I made them available for each IPD that the Rift supports (58mm-71mm) and sold them only in the iRacing forum first but now also put them up on ebay. They are 25$ (including worldwide shipping). If you have any questions just let me know.gvb0xf3haby8.jpg6hixzfoczc83.jpgh3p4o8iyol5m.jpginbei7pem7xb.jpg7agxrkp6ffuy.jpg

Percy1983
Superstar

I've post this a couple of times @superkermit it's my solution but obviously you need a spare pair of glasses.

f0j6nyuetkzy.jpg

I have done the same but I bought a pair of glasses for the job.

https://www.selectspecs.com/cheap-glasses/

got the Savannah 8121 - Black for £6 with lenses. Job done!

Asrock Z77 Extreme 4 + 16GB RAM 1866mhz + i5-3570K at 4.5Ghz + Coolermaster Nepton 140XL cooler Sapphire 8GB RX 580 Nitro+ 256Gb SDD Samsung Evo 850 +3x2TB in raid 0 with 64GB SSD cache Thermaltake Level 10 GT Snow Edition + Toughpower 875w