cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

P3nT's sketchbook

P3nT4gR4m
Consultant
Figured I'm hardly qualified for the "First Sculpts" thread any more and, tbh, I kinda like that being for first sculpts so I figured I might as well make my own sketchbook vanity thread like they seem to do everywhere else that 3d modelling and forums collide.

I'll post my crap in here. You guys can look at it and chuckle and hopefully start your own thread so's I don't feel like I'm the only attention whore in the place!

as4uv65urvj7.jpg

o0vb8h3zl0we.jpg

uvpzyuic3ltu.jpg

oam6w68jl539.jpg

835 REPLIES 835

P3nT4gR4m
Consultant
Thanks @DeadlyJoe @FrozenPea, I'ma do plenty more long sculpts, now that I know how to do long sculpts. Like you rightly pointed out I didn't really have said ability until tonight at about half past six  🙂

Sterling77
Rising Star

P3nT4gR4m said:

Thanks @DeadlyJoe @FrozenPea, I'ma do plenty more long sculpts, now that I know how to do long sculpts. Like you rightly pointed out I didn't really have said ability until tonight at about half past six  🙂

Its so funny sculpting in the afternoon and then when you finish .. Take off the rift and its dark and your like whoa ! 
https://forums.oculus.com/community/discussion/52965/sterlings-sketchbook

InkyTheOctopus
Heroic Explorer
That's some really tidy work right there!
https://www.oculus.com/medium/artists/inkytheoctopus/

P3nT4gR4m
Consultant
Cycles Render. Not entirely sure the Medium version didn't look better. Hope not cos I've just wasted an entire night, not sculpting if that's the case.  😞
dc85cft23yla.jpg
i8kcb0sz7fu0.jpg

P3nT4gR4m
Consultant
Project for the weekend. Take an old sculpt and chuck seven or eight hours worth of fiddly bits at it. See where I can get to with stupid-level details. Did this guy a while back just as a concept/speedsculpt/doodle thing. Pretty happy wi the concept and the pose. I'm going to do away with the chest shot and use the gouge in his cheek as shot two, Piercing his ear on the way out.

So far I'm about an hour and change into the detailing. Had to fix a lot of face anatomy cos I'd left it just scribbled in. 
2iebqjiakuwv.jpg
rlsamelcv4xc.jpg

Original is on Sketchfab for comparison

P3nT4gR4m
Consultant
And another hour. Pretty stoked with how he's looking considering I think I have best part of another two, maybe even three res-ups in the bank for the head and prolly another couple on the body if I split the waist.

High detail workflow is rapid, now. 
4o7em74y845b.jpg
I'm doing round the back, too, in a break from tradition. 
2dxedz0jnyd8.jpg

P3nT4gR4m
Consultant
Plodding along with "Lucky". Did this big leaky pustule/zit kinda deal on his chest where I covered up the original bullet 2 entry point. Was thinking maybe an old wound, like Lucky has been shot before, a while back, and now he's got a nasty infection that he really ought to get looked at. Not sure about it, tho. Composition-wise it's kinda not really helping I don't think. Might just scrap it and go with the plain-look
cbgati6474b7.jpg
kybjnsatmlbz.jpg

Also got some help from a dude on Blender Artists with my Karloff Render. Looking much better now I think.
9azumaqo7vfq.jpg

P3nT4gR4m
Consultant
Gave the pustule the benefit of the doubt and did some detailing. Still not completely sold. Plan at this point is to carve the whole thing away and replace with a nest of maggots. 

In other news, I came up with an arm pose that put the hand in the path of bullet 3

7lfwxwrvvh72.jpg
y33ycxyp2lgn.jpg

Anonymous
Not applicable
amazing details once again!

P3nT4gR4m
Consultant
So I've totally hit a brick wall with the detailing, to the point where I couldn't even be arsed doing his right hand, hence the rubber glove. Eight or nine hours on something seems to be the limit for me, which is about the same as with Photoshop so no surprises there. 

Pretty stoked with the results, tho. Think I'm going to work this into my training plan. Do a big project like this on the weekends and then spend mon-fri banging out speedsculpts and anatomy studies. I need to do more of these so I can tighten up my workflow. Right now I'm bouncing about all over the place and wasting a lot of time. Looking at this guy I figure it should have taken about 3-4 hours and been twice as finished by then.

ji7v2kiq27b9.jpg
tudgz0z3y5au.jpgpqmsq8ppzcyk.jpg
pt3591j7ten5.jpg
h9izsj6dpjcg.jpg
jf5dhq4mor69.gif
ycbmac6fbwzw.gif
Check him out on Sketchfab