cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

P3nT's sketchbook

P3nT4gR4m
Consultant
Figured I'm hardly qualified for the "First Sculpts" thread any more and, tbh, I kinda like that being for first sculpts so I figured I might as well make my own sketchbook vanity thread like they seem to do everywhere else that 3d modelling and forums collide.

I'll post my crap in here. You guys can look at it and chuckle and hopefully start your own thread so's I don't feel like I'm the only attention whore in the place!

as4uv65urvj7.jpg

o0vb8h3zl0we.jpg

uvpzyuic3ltu.jpg

oam6w68jl539.jpg

835 REPLIES 835

nalex66
MVP
MVP
Looking good! I don't think I've gone to that high a resolution on any sculpt yet.

If you didn't want to detail the right hand, I might have been inclined to take it off at the wrist rather than put a glove on it. 

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

P3nT4gR4m
Consultant
Cheers, mate! Stumping it felt like a cop out. I felt I owed it to ol' Lucky to at least make a token effort. So here he is in cycles with a photoshopped background
5h1t07er8t1r.jpg
g9x7z4i0vawp.jpg

P3nT4gR4m
Consultant
Surface constrain plus custom stamp. Total time 5 mins. 

twenwopvngf1.jpg

MattHickman
Rising Star
Wow, dude, that is an incredible job detailing. I love the idea of going back to a sculpt from Dec/Jan and seeing what you can do now both from practice and from the app improvements. 

P3nT4gR4m
Consultant
Cheers @MattHickman Had a whale of a time just making it up as I went along. So I said speedsculpts monday to friday. Fell at the first hurdle. 2hours of blocking later...
8dtyqt131m8n.jpg

P3nT4gR4m
Consultant
Breaking symmetry feels like flying the nest. I always seem to face it with a bit of trepidation but having it on is starting to feel like a crutch. Time to cut loose. Feels liberating. I'm using bits of all the refs (not just the ones you see here) but the more I look at the one on the right, the more it's got the kind of expression I think I want to end up with. z9nhbkalln28.jpg

P3nT4gR4m
Consultant
Took a break from Bob tonight. Gotten to that "Damnit, nothing looks right, I suck at sculpting" - stage that sometimes happens. It'll pass. Or else it won't and I'll just give up like I have twice now with Crowley. No biggie. 

Loaded up Goblin Fight Promoter from a few months back and decided to give him the detail pass treatment (listen to me, all "Detail pass" like I know what the hell I'm doing here)

Couple of months of practising scribbled on wrinkles and all that good stuff and I'm seeing definite improvement. 
hnohe748vuvg.jpg
For comparison here's the old one rendered in cycles
nbbnyy5c20vv.jpg

P3nT4gR4m
Consultant
Found yet another use for the lathe tool tonight...
d77ho8z7dnwt.jpg

Anonymous
Not applicable
@P3nT4gR4m holy shit man awesome! 

P3nT4gR4m
Consultant
Thanks, mate! It's a bit heavy duty for using in a sculpt but I can export a bunch of these to blender and then add them into sculpts coming out of Medium.

What would be really tasty is if I could export these as 50-100kilopoly meshes with UV and normals then reimport to medium but just park the mesh on the GPU, rather than reload whole SDF. That'd allow some next level shit straight out of medium if we could mix static mesh and dynamic sdf in engine.

@MattHickman - would your engine allow something like this to happen in theory?