New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Can't reach Oculus Runtime Services

Giustinian0Giustinian0 Posts: 7
NerveGear
Hello,

Just after installing the Oculus software, the oculus client complains that it can't reach the oculus runtime services. I tried to restart the Oculus VR Runtime Service, but it makes no difference. I was able to manually start it by running Program Files\Oculus\Support\oculus-runtime\OVRServer_x64.exe but I was wondering if there is a "proper" fix

Comments

• Frenchie-RichmandFrenchie-Richmand Posts: 5
    NerveGear
    edited June 2017
    I don't know of a fix for that but perhaps a complete removal of the oculus from your system and then a reinstallation?
  • Fredd32Fredd32 Posts: 251
    Nexus 6
    Try a repair install, it worked for me.
  • Giustinian0Giustinian0 Posts: 7
    NerveGear
    Fredd32 said:
    Try a repair install, it worked for me.

I just did, and run the Oculus client both as normal user and as administrator, same issue
  • cyberealitycybereality Posts: 26,156 Oculus Staff
    Look in the Windows services menu and make sure the Oculus VR Runtine Service is set to Auto and is Enabled. It's possible it got on the wrong settings.
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
    NerveGear
    I don't know of a fix for that but perhaps a complete removal of the oculus from your system and then a reinstallation?

Unfortunately, I already tried that and also tried to "Repair Installation", no change...
    NerveGear
    Hi all,

I solved the issue and I am posting the solution in case somebody else stumbles upon it: the problem was that I was starting OculusClient via Remote Desktop, which lead OculusClient to complain that it could not open "screen"

• tomhsmithtomhsmith Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    Thanks @Giustinian0 that was my problem too.

Giustinian0 said:
    Hi all,

I solved the issue and I am posting the solution in case somebody else stumbles upon it: the problem was that I was starting OculusClient via Remote Desktop, which lead OculusClient to complain that it could not open "screen"

• InachuInachu Posts: 37
    Brain Burst
    Hello,

Just after installing the Oculus software, the oculus client complains that it can't reach the oculus runtime services. I tried to restart the Oculus VR Runtime Service, but it makes no difference. I was able to manually start it by running Program Files\Oculus\Support\oculus-runtime\OVRServer_x64.exe but I was wondering if there is a "proper" fix

That fixed it for me!   Thanks!
  • DeepBluDeepBlu Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Hi all,

so how do i fix that