cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

E3 2017 VR Predictions!

kevinw729
Honored Visionary
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=giOztsmIaxE

As we can not carry-out a "Oculus Bingo Card" for this event; thought it would be interesting to see how many of you agree with these predictions instead?
https://vrawards.aixr.org/ "The Out-of-Home Immersive Entertainment Frontier: Expanding Interactive Boundaries in Leisure Facilities" https://www.amazon.co.uk/Out-Home-Immersive-Entertainment-Frontier/dp/1472426959
55 REPLIES 55

RorschachPhoeni
Trustee
Excuse my bad english. I speak to you through the google translator. 😛

RorschachPhoeni
Trustee
Okay, just for fun:

- No Rift for Scorpio -> Microsoft isn't even interested in joining the Global Virtual Reality Association
- Fallout VR will not be the full game just a small part of it (I think more parts will come via DLC)
- Fallout VR will be a timed exclusive for the Vive (after that it will come out for the Rift and PSVR, because of money)
- Battlefront 2 will have at least one VR mission (DLC or right from the start)
- For the rest: I don't care

- More Content for Rift, Vive and PSVR
- New HMDs from different manufacturers to test out (and people are talking about it as usual = better than this, the best experience they ever had - blabla)

Calmfixup
Heroic Explorer

Okay, just for fun:

- No Rift for Scorpio -> Microsoft isn't even interested in joining the Global Virtual Reality Association
- Fallout VR will not be the full game just a small part of it (I think more parts will come via DLC)
- Fallout VR will be a timed exclusive for the Vive (after that it will come out for the Rift and PSVR, because of money)

- New HMDs from different manufacturers to test out (and people are talking about it as usual = better than this, the best experience they ever had - blabla)

You really think Fallout VR will only be part of the game at this point? I've got a strong suspicion that it will be the full game and that's why it's not been release already. I think you're probably right about it only coming to Vive to begin with but hopefully we're both wrong. 

Guess we'll see on Sunday!

RorschachPhoeni
Trustee

Calmfixup said:

Okay, just for fun:

You really think Fallout VR will only be part of the game at this point? I've got a strong suspicion that it will be the full game and that's why it's not been release already. I think you're probably right about it only coming to Vive to begin with but hopefully we're both wrong. 

Guess we'll see on Sunday!

That is what I think.

nalex66
MVP
MVP
They've said officially that it includes the full game, so that would be an odd move to cut it down. No word on the DLC content, but I expect at least the full base game. 

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

RorschachPhoeni
Trustee

nalex66 said:

They've said officially that it includes the full game, so that would be an odd move to cut it down. No word on the DLC content, but I expect at least the full base game. 

Okay. Didn't know that. But I'm skeptical.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Half Life 3 VR to be announced, released in Valve Time, probably around 2043.

Portal 3 VR to be announced, see above.

Alien Isolation to be released.

Aw bugger. I've started to do a Wish List instead of predictions lol

Fallout 4 to be released soon after E3 for ALL platforms.

Doom VR to be released in Q4 this year.

Sega, Ubisoft, Capcom and EA to announce new VR titles.

No news of the Knuckles controllers because Valve have realised that they have the same problem with them that Oculus had years ago with staff throwing the controllers across the office. Which means that they're going to have to come up with a new design. They're going to have to come up with a Touch controller clone that doesn't look like a Touch controller clone lol

Microsoft to demo something that looks amazing on stage which is obviously fake and wouldn't work that way in the real world with the finished product. Yet again. My money would be on their inside-out tracking being flawless.

Sony to announce some big VR exclusives, both first party and third party.

vannagirl
Consultant
i predict Kevin will find a way to bash  😉

ohh hang on what is this about again?
Look, man. I only need to know one thing: where they are. 

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

vannagirl said:

i predict Kevin will find a way to bash  😉

ohh hang on what is this about again?

This is about Oculus not playing Community Bingo. And Community Bingo is another form of Out-Of-Home Entertainment. Dunno.