I was wrong.

This morning, I had to grab a few items from my VR Dungeon and I
noticed abrasions on the padding of my Vive deluxe strap. Uh oh. Another
quick trip to Twitter confirmed that I wasn’t the only one who noticed
this.

The fact that NOBODY noticed this, is probably a bad thing. I feel like
if I ripped this padding off (it IS completely replaceable) and tossed
it into a glass of water, it would dissolve surprisingly quick. Not the
best material to stick on a part of the body that loves to sweat.

Pretty funny that the makers of the Gadget of the Year, whose gadget revolves around standing room-scale experiences which does lead to sweat far more than sit-down experiences, didn't test their "deluxe" strap's ability to... get wet 😄

167 REPLIES 167

Mr_Creepy
Rising Star
Just a minor oversight, who would have imagined? :lol:

Anonymous
Not applicable
Lol, that is pretty bad...

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yup, I stealthily mentioned this in a post the other day in the VR sales thread but none of you noticed lol

There have also been plenty of Vives on the Vive Reddit and on YouTube that have been killed by sweat too since the Vive launched. It's a separate problem but must be down to the shape of the Vive I guess, the design of the Vive must direct rivulets of sweat towards the electronics somehow.  😮

elboffor
Consultant
Yeah but vive is still better because facebook is evil and steam is our lord and saviour. Ive just asked siri on my latest apple handset and she agrees.
This is my forum signature.
There are many others like it, but this is mine.

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
Pure nonsense. Both Oculus and HTC have made VR way too inexpensive. Apple is here to save the day by doubling the cost of entry. Steve Jobs gets vengeance from the grave!

CrashFu
Consultant
lmao, do you think they'll be able to stop sales and get these things recalled before it turns into a really big problem?   It's not like the hapless customers who bought these can just work around the defect;  I've seen a few Vive Let's Plays and I don't think any human being can wear one for longer than twenty minutes without sweat pouring out of their head..

Maybe now HTC will learn that they can't just rush products onto the market carelessly to compete with Oculus' advantages. (not that they know how to do it any other way :wink:  ) 
It's hard being the voice of reason when you're surrounded by unreasonable people.

vannagirl
Consultant
i see this in the vr news show epx911
surely the 3rd party ones are better to use anyway?

seems a major oversight, sweat mixing with it, cheap product production strike again!!
Look, man. I only need to know one thing: where they are. 

Mr_Creepy
Rising Star

CrashFu said:

lmao, do you think they'll be able to stop sales and get these things recalled before it turns into a really big problem?   It's not like the hapless customers who bought these can just work around the defect;  I've seen a few Vive Let's Plays and I don't think any human being can wear one for longer than twenty minutes without sweat pouring out of their head..

Maybe now HTC will learn that they can't just rush products onto the market carelessly to compete with Oculus' advantages. (not that they know how to do it any other way :wink:  ) 

Well, Oculus hasn't had a perfect trackrecord either, but this is an oversight that is quite bad. Also why compete with Rifts advantages, when Vive has sold more by any estimate we have to go by?

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

Mr.Creepy said:
Also why compete with Rifts advantages, when Vive has sold more by any estimate we have to go by?

Two answers:
1) Competition is good for business.
2) If we count the Samsung/Oculus partnership, then Oculus outsold da fuq outta the Vive 😛