I was wrong.

This morning, I had to grab a few items from my VR Dungeon and I
noticed abrasions on the padding of my Vive deluxe strap. Uh oh. Another
quick trip to Twitter confirmed that I wasn’t the only one who noticed
this.

The fact that NOBODY noticed this, is probably a bad thing. I feel like
if I ripped this padding off (it IS completely replaceable) and tossed
it into a glass of water, it would dissolve surprisingly quick. Not the
best material to stick on a part of the body that loves to sweat.

Pretty funny that the makers of the Gadget of the Year, whose gadget revolves around standing room-scale experiences which does lead to sweat far more than sit-down experiences, didn't test their "deluxe" strap's ability to... get wet 😄

167 REPLIES 167

Anonymous
Not applicable
I can't understand all of this fuss about the Touch triggers tbh. You're in VR with a couple of in-built headphones attached to your ears. Surely the sound is cut out by the game's audio..? I know that I can't hear much when I've got my headphones on, but then my ears are pretty buggered due to working in a rock pub for 10 years or so and being in a couple of bands so maybe that has something to do with me not hearing anything untoward..?

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have been using my Touch controllers quite often since getting them in early Feb, can't say I have seen this issue with them so far - knocking on wood of course lol.

Wildt
Consultant

snowdog said:

I can't understand all of this fuss about the Touch triggers tbh. You're in VR with a couple of in-built headphones attached to your ears. Surely the sound is cut out by the game's audio..? I know that I can't hear much when I've got my headphones on, but then my ears are pretty buggered due to working in a rock pub for 10 years or so and being in a couple of bands so maybe that has something to do with me not hearing anything untoward..?

Regardless of how little you care about that, I reckon they put the friggin' dampeners there for a reason, and to have them dislodge in NO TIME is EITHER pathetic design, or absent QA testing, which was the subject I was commenting on.
PCVR: CV1 || 4 sensors || TPcast wireless adapter || MamutVR Gun stock V3
PSVR: PS4 Pro || Move Controllers || Aim controller
WMR: HP Reverb

Zoomie
Expert Trustee
The trigger issues are a bit surprising seeing as how Carbon Design was hired on to make the controllers.  This is a company that designed the XBoxOne controller which is a great and rugged design.  I still love my PS4 controllers better, but that's because I have long skinny fingers.  
Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic. - Arthur C Clarke

Wildt
Consultant

Zoomie said:

The trigger issues are a bit surprising seeing as how Carbon Design was hired on to make the controllers.  This is a company that designed the XBoxOne controller which is a great and rugged design.  I still love my PS4 controllers better, but that's because I have long skinny fingers.  

Actually the right trigger on my Rift bundled Xbone controller had the same mishab - albeit after a year or so. Got it RMA'ed though, so I'm still a happy camper.
PCVR: CV1 || 4 sensors || TPcast wireless adapter || MamutVR Gun stock V3
PSVR: PS4 Pro || Move Controllers || Aim controller
WMR: HP Reverb

Tattoo_Dude
Expert Protege
Boy am I glad I went with my Rift. I shopped between the Vive and Rift for a while and just couldn't see enough in the Vive to justify the extra cost, especially when looking at the extras I would have to purchase, including this $100 dissolvable head strap! No thank you! Oh no, I may have to pay $60 for a third sensor to make the room scale track 100% perfectly all the time! Tell me it is not so....... 😛

vannagirl
Consultant

Atmos73 said:

h8b3o5o5jtzt.jpgCan you guess what it is?

Is it a card to Zenbane??
Look, man. I only need to know one thing: where they are. 

vannagirl
Consultant

Atmos73 said:

I like your jokes VG. 😛

Is it knuckles though??

vannagirl
Consultant
Ahh the luxury headset?

Silly q do you have to detach the other completely and wiring??

vannagirl
Consultant
ohh that was some diy, are you good for shelves also? 😛

in person it is actually a nice looking strap, i can imagine much more comfy now?
I have always liked how htc is also wired, its neat and out of the way