Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New VR Oriented Flight Sim

vfrhawk
Protege
Not sure if anyone else missed this, but I certainly did:

http://forum.flyinside-fsx.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5626

Basically, the devs behind FlyInside for FSX/P3D/XP are planning to release their own flight sim.  Sounds really interesting to me - interesting enough that I'll probably hold off on upgrading to P3D v4!

Surprised I can't see a discussion on here about it already @Techy111 ?
49 REPLIES 49

BrokenSymmetry
Heroic Explorer
DCS
DCS
DCS

For flight sim, I am surprised not many are talking about DCS here. It's amazing. You gotta try it.

Techy111
MVP
MVP
@vfrhawk 🙂 I was holding off a bit until I had more info to post. But yes, Flyinside are making their own 64 bit sim. This was announced at flight sim con at the weekend. I will post further details a bit later.
As for DCS, it's not new is it ? 😉
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

BrokenSymmetry
Heroic Explorer

Techy111 said:

@vfrhawk 🙂 I was holding off a bit until I had more info to post. But yes, Flyinside are making their own 64 bit sim. This was announced at flight sim con at the weekend. I will post further details a bit later.
As for DCS, it's not new is it ? 😉

Not new, true. But Elite Dangerous is not new either, yet it's been mentioned much more often than DCS. I don't own ED but I've tried it for a few hours. I much prefer DCS...

Techy111
MVP
MVP
This forum is full of dcs threads already 🙂
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

vfrhawk
Protege
@Techy111  Well keep us up to date with all the insider gossip!  :wink:

Techy111
MVP
MVP
Wiĺl do mate. Dan showed it off at the conference and sustained 90fps with the TFDi B717 and reports say it was super fluid. Exciting times for us VR sim fans. That B717 brings my PC and FSX to it's knees normally lol and the good news is he is saying we can import FSX aircraft. Will post more details soon 🙂 Oh and plain old 4k desktop he reckons 200 fps but I'll wait to see that one 😉

BrokenSymmetry
Heroic Explorer
So I am just late to the party...

Techy111
MVP
MVP
Well the thread is for a new sim not an old one. So you are just joining the party 😉

vfrhawk
Protege
Maybe we should hold a VR flight simming launch party when the product is ready?  :smile:

I'm in Bedfordshire, aren't you somewhere reasonably nearby @Techy111?