cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

floaty tracking issue?

alexchang734
Explorer
I've recently started to notice somewhat of a tracking issue I think. When I turn my head to the left or right, I get this sort of floaty feeling. Like I'm swaying back and forth. It only happens for a second then the image stills again. I was wondering if anyone else had this issue. I was using a one sensor setup and tired with 3 different sensors all having the same issue. 
5 REPLIES 5

Powerus
Protege
Hi,
yes I'm about to make a topic about almost the same problem.
My height is resetting and tracking is wrong sometimes (may be only when turning head but not 100% sure)

In assetto corsa when I turn my head sometimes I see my point of view suddenly going down or up by a few cm.
I end up with my point of view near the roof or below the steering wheel.

In onward I get the same bug (I get it in all games but that's what I use most). In onwards it's a lot worse because there is no key to reset view unlike assetto corsa. I get taller and taller and taller cm by cm to the point where I have to restart the game because I'm 1m taller than others and get my head through ceiling, literally.

I've tried with 3, 2 and 1 sensor (left only) and 1 sensor (right only). With 1 sensor only (left or right) it was the worst. Point of view floating everywhere.

I have to say that when in the guardian setting page I can see one sensor teleporting everywhere, not always the same.

cybereality
Grand Champion
Did you run through the sensor setup again after changing the configuration?
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

Powerus
Protege
Did you try to turn it off and on? lol

More seriously... yes the sensor configuration was done quite a few times. BTW after cleaning dust in the house I always do a sensor setup to be sure, in case something moved even a little.

Edit: oh I'm on this topic I thought it was mine

alexchang734
Explorer
yes i ran through the sensor setup after changing the configuration

Metatron6
Honored Guest
i new here. just wanted to report in that i am having the same problem. got oculus not a month ago, worked fine.
came back from vacation and having horrible time with it because of this issue.
the subtle sway while i turn left or right is causing me nausea.